(((quick wheel bearing question)))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had shaking while driving and cluncking noises also. went to put on new rims and tires and noticed that the front left wheel was loose and alot of play in it. im sure its the wheel bearings. my question is do i have to change the whole assembly or is there a way to take it apart and just change the bearings out. im taking it to the meineke shop and have them do it but want to know this first. please reply quickly as i am going to leave here momentarily.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang! i was priced about 375-435 parts and labor from different places. meineke was the cheapest. i guess id better get on out there. thanks guys.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so its done and that was the problem. i thought that also was why my (abs) and <e-brake> lights were on. anyone knows why these lights are always coming on?

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those light indicate and issue with the abs system. It could as simple as low brake fluid or something complex. You need to get the ABS codes then we can go from there.

John

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there somewhere i can get those codes other than the dealer? i know i can take it to autozone and they read codes free but do not have abs reader.

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know autozone policy on reading the ABS codes, most independant shop should have a scanner to read the codes. Do you know someone that works at a shop?

John

avdoc

Reaction score
The ABS sensor is in the Hub. If your bearings are bad, then thats probably why the light is on. New hub $180, not hard to put on. Should fix all ur problems