Radio works but NO Sounds?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coreyarron

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe w/ factory Bose system. I added on the Sirius tuner about 1.5yrs ago. Today I was listening to the radio, turned the car off to run inside and turned it back on. My radio is on and looks like it's working, but I have no sound? I flipped thru all the audio sources (FM/Sirius/CD) and no sound is coming from any of them. The deck is displaying all the normal information. Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there a fuse that could have blown? A bigger electrical problem? Somehow a connection came lose? I'm not sure what to do or where to take it (chevy or some audio shop)

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
I wld check the fuses...look for amplifier fuse. The bose amps are fused. If the amp fuse is fine, take a test light and check all the fuses. Some radios are on the same fuse as another item.

Keymaster

Reaction score
Not sure about how the Sirius tuner is wired up, but if, for some reason, you had to tap into the remote wire (usually blue but in factory wiring, I'm not sure) make sure that wire isn't broken or disconnected. If that wire has been damaged or disconnected accidentally, the radio will power up but no signal will get to the factory amp and as a result, no sound.

Hope this helps.