Rattle in roof 05 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lowufo

Reaction score
So I just bought a very low mileage 05 Yukon I have already corrected a couple little issues thanks to some help from the forum. I have a couple issues left one is traction active display and truck putting the brakes on when it does this. I am pretty sure it is either a dirty or damaged wheel speed sensor.

But I am really wondering about this annoying rattle. The service advisor at the dealer thought there had been a service bulletin about fixing the rattle in sunroof but was not sure of issue or procedure. Has anyone either had this issue and had dealer repair it or fixed it themself ........

doylee4693

Reaction score
Probly is a bad wheel sensor.My tahoe would activate abs at very low speeds and did some other weird stuff before I cleaned the sensor.Also my low milage tahoe has a rattle in the sunroof,It doesnt happen all the time and with the sunshade closed you cant hear it at all.If you figure out the problem post it up if you could!

TomC65

Reaction score
I traced my sunroof noise (it was a vibration sound) to the wind deflector. The pins didn't fit snugly. First I greased them, but that only solve the problem for a week. Then I bent each end of the deflector slightly so that when the glass pushes it down its tight. I haven't heard a thing since. Good luck.

jokerjim

Reaction score
Had the noise in my roof(w Sunroof) of my 2006 Tahoe, on the drivers side. Loose wiring was the problem. Dealer fixed it with some tie wraps and tape.

Lowufo

Reaction score
Mine goes away when roof is open so not sure if my issue is the same as yours.

audiguy

Reaction score
I also had a rattle, usually only at 30+mph, and reacted to both wind and bumps in the road. Tracked it down to the wind deflector in the sunroof. The plastic tabs on both sides had snapped, so it was basically just banging around up there, unsecured. Not sure how to even fix it.