Rear Chevy Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to remove my front bowtie to paint and I don't see any bolts holding it on...it feels like two pegs of some sort. If I remove the front, will I be able to reattach it with the same hardware? It feels as thought I'll have to break something to remove it.

08z71tahoe

Reaction score
i just pulled the back bowtie off... easy as pie... now what to do about the front.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i removed mine as well and plan to color match both the front and back.

08z71tahoe

Reaction score
easy as cake.....

so i guess we have to get billit front bowties???

It took me about 10-15 min to get it off...

Attachments

• bowtie.jpg
    bowtie.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 27

08z71tahoe

Reaction score
yup

I was just thinking that.... how would we do that...mine is a z71 so it came on 18's, but i swapped them for some 20's

Attachments

• 2008 z71 tahoe 007.jpg
    2008 z71 tahoe 007.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4

CasualButJiggy

Reaction score
I had a really hard time with the rear gold emblem and scratched the **** out of the silver one under it. Can I get one to fit that isn't gold? Black, chrome, silver, anything?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then we have to figure out what to do about the gold bowties on the rims...

I removed the Chevy Bowtie off my Chrome 10-Spoke SS wheels when I bought them for my Trans AM. I used Goof off and the pait came right off.

The paint on the Tahoe wheels looks like if is clear coated several times, so they do not look like they would erase easily.

Tool

Reaction score
warming it up makes it come off easier

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off today only to find it looks like ASS underneath it!

What, your skivvies? Oh the emblem... why, was there a crack underneath it?

Hahaha just playing. Okay so I'm not a comedian, and don't want to thread jack but can anyone tell me, when you take the entire chrome emblem off the back one, how big and how far apart are the 2 holes? And are they side by side? Basically I'd like to know the distance between the outside edges of the holes and how they're placed. Thanks, and sorry OP.

kakytahoe

Reaction score
so you can jut rub the gold off after heating with a heat gun, without Pelling it out of the outline?

w84no1

Reaction score
so you can jut rub the gold off after heating with a heat gun, without Pelling it out of the outline?

No, the gold piece is plastic, it is glued to the chrome piece. By applying heat to it, the glue begins to loosen up. I removed mine on a hot day and it came off pretty easily.

Since it is two separate pieces I can always put the gold bowtie back on.

kakytahoe

Reaction score
Thanks, thats what i thought that it is a gold platic bowtie, I ordered the rear hatch emblem from stylintrucks and am trying to get the romval game plan so i'm ready when it gets here

w84no1

Reaction score
Thanks, thats what i thought that it is a gold platic bowtie, I ordered the rear hatch emblem from stylintrucks and am trying to get the romval game plan so i'm ready when it gets here

Cool, post some pictures once you have it installed. I thought about getting the same thing.

djmark

Reaction score
removal of rear chevy badge

Do I understand it right that I can remove the rear\badge with just some force? I ordered the yukon rear chrome cover that has no emblem on it to replace the top cover.

Thanks,
Mark

07 tahoe

kakytahoe

Reaction score
Removed the gold and underneath was a nice chrome bowtie, I have theo ne from stylintrucks back in the box to return. I did use the front from stylin very easy also, just remember there is some 3m tape behind the center that you have to cut with fishing line.

djmark

Reaction score
Remove the emblem all together?

I know you can take the gold part off. I want to remove everything. How do I do this?

Thanks