Rear Door Speakers And Amp Answers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very helpful. for my 99 yukon, the amps are not there. I say the denali specifically, with the bose speakers.

but yeah, great sticky

zero

Reaction score
Front speaker wires

I just bought a 94, the wiring is an absolute nitemare, as it looks as though it had an after market system with amps, which was removed by the previous owner....so there are cut wires everywhere. None of the speakers are hooked to the factory head unit. I was able to find the rear speaker wires which were coming out of the factory amp under the dash and got those working. My question is what color wires go to the front speakers?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man... its in another thread here.... you can actually remove your door switch panel assembly, and then look down at the speakers with a flashlight. want to say they are in the tan and green.. the schematic ( also posted here or available online) has all the answers for our model years. search for it here on the forum. "wiring schematic"

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
hell yeah

awesome man i love you! haha
this is a perfect solve to my issue
i was wondering why when i got the custom
deck they stopped working!

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: never mind.

I installed a fuse tap on the stereo fuse in the drivers door fusebox, ran a wire from that tap to the orange wire on the amp, back door speakers work! and i didn't have to take the dash apart again.

Next I guess I'm gonna disconnec the harness from the amp, tap into the wiring so my deck can power the rear door speakers directly, I'm just going to get rid of the tailgate ones, they sound like crap.

Last edited:

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Hope Its Actually Under The Dash Of My 98 LT If Not Then It Might Be That Big Hump Under The Drivers Seat Under The Carpet Like Other Websites Have Said. "4 Door 98 Tahoe LT 4x4"

knoslf

Reaction score
thanks to this thread I finally found the amp in my 99 Yukon slt! Now, the amp has a white harness on one end, the other end has a black one that doesnt seem to be going anywhere, what is that?

Mr. Shruggs

Reaction score
Hey Crowdogg,

I just wanted to say thank you! i had this exact problem and got it sorted (withouth having to tear my rig apart)

I actually joined the forum just so I could say thank you lol

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Crowdogg,

I just wanted to say thank you! i had this exact problem and got it sorted (withouth having to tear my rig apart)

I actually joined the forum just so I could say thank you lol
Well Sir thank you for joining and of course :welcome: :peace:

SepNevermore

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I picked up a 2000 tahoe limited about a year ago, and just got around to upgrading the stereo. The rear door speakers had me baffled until I checked here. I messed with the wiring over two hours before I checked here, and once I did, I had it going within minutes!

jxxxxb

Reaction score
Thanks crowdogg! This was a piece o' cake. All I had to do was run a short piece of wire from the key-on hot to the orange of the amp. Used some inline crimp connectors. Took 5 minutes or less and man what a difference in the sound quality. All info was very helpful.
jxxxxb

cowgirlup86

Reaction score
so u have to have the wire harness with the amp to get the middle speakers to work

cowgirlup86

Reaction score
my harness has the power output but dont have anything coming out of sterieo harness

EazzyMoney

Reaction score
Just put a sony deck in my 96. No subs or extra speakers. My rear speakers in the doors dont work at all. So i replaced them... Nothing. The roof speakers have that buzzing for a few seconds when i turn the truck on or off but no music. Front works just fine though.

ninjasword71

Reaction score
Crowdogg -"I'm not sure if the speaker inputs to the amp com directly from the stereo, from the rear roof speakers, or from a splice somewhere".
Has anyone found this out yet? I want to hook up an amp for the middle and rear speakers using the RCA output on my aftermarket head unit.

LSZ71Police

Reaction score
I have a 1999 LS Tahoe that was a police package, so the radio was just the AM/FM with front door speakers and rear roof speakers. No rear door speakers; the rear doors do have the wiring for speakers and I have connected the pink wire in the radio harness to the remote amp on wire to the stereo I have in the Tahoe. I do not see the amp anywhere under the dash near the steering column and gas pedal. The bump under the driver seat is the SRS Airbag control module.

ninjasword71

Reaction score
To the right of and i thinkk attached to the steering column is a little box with a harness and about 14 wires. That is where it was on my '99. I bypassed the whole works and just put in a proper after market amp to run the doors and rear.

acerockola

Reaction score
For anyone's future reference, in a 1995 Tahoe the amp is under driver's seat but antenna to pink works just the same.

CeeJay

Reaction score
So if I am reading this correctly, I attach the pink wire in the second harness to my blue antenna wire coming from my head deck, right? I say second harness because my factory radio had 2 plugs in the back one for the cd player and one for the radio