Rear leveling pump...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danjelo

Reaction score
The leveling pump on my Tahoe sounds a lot. It seems to be working awfully hard when leveling the rear of the truck. Are you supposed to even hear it at all? Could it be going bad?

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if your rear shocks are holding air, they will sometimes leak around the ballast and you'll be stuck buying new shocks. There are a few places online that sell them for a hell of a lot cheaper than the dealer, or you may need a fresh compressor. Mine continues to get louder and louder so I'll be retrofitting a viair with higher cfm to replace the stock unit, it also depends on where your autoride links are adjusted out back (to tell the truck how far to fill the bags). When I lowered my denali I replaced the rear links with shorter ones but had to pull them off later and grind them a little shorter so it wouldn't lift the rear of the truck.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can def hear the compressor kick on so that is normal, like the person above said if it sounds like the compressor is struggling you may need a new one, i just recently had mine replaced at the dealer, it was a little pricey but not quite as bad as i thought it would be.