Reduced engine power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTH357

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe that keeps going into the reduced engine power mode. I have taken it to the Chevrolet dealership, and they installed not one but two throttle bodies, and changed the harness to the throttle body. Still have the same problem. I then change the throttle peddle, no luck, change the Throttle Actuator Control, no luck. I went to the junk yard and got a computer and had it reprogrammed for the Tahoe, it ran great for about a month and then starts going back into reduced engine power mode. I don't know what else to do. Has anybody else had this problem, and fixed it? The codes it keeps showing are 2135, 1515, 1516.

Last edited:

DTH357

Reaction score
Why is there a ground wire running to the hood? There is no light up there.

cesaralatorre71

Reaction score
Check your ground and get yourself a better battery. My truck did the same thing. It turned out to be my cheap ass battery.

DTH357

Reaction score
I found the cause. When the chevy dealership installed new throttle body harness, they cut the wires and connected the new ones back. That changed the continuity in the wire, and caused the reduced engine power. New wires have to be run from the box at the fire wall to the throttle body harness. I hope this helps any body who is having this problem. It has fixed mine for over a year now.