"Reduced Engine Power"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketedeschi

Reaction score
I'm getting a "reduced engine power" on the display in the dash. Also turns off the stability system for the AWD. It's a 06 denali with 44k on it. I noticed another guy got this message, and someone mentioned pulling codes. i dont want the check engine light on anymore so i am going to pull the battery but how do i pull the codes before i do that? I wanna see what caused it. It happens randomly every 3-4 months, and then doesnt happen again for another few months.

Thanks
Mike

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most auto parts stores (Autozone, Advance Auto, O'Reilly's, etc.) will be able to plug in a code reader and pull the codes for you for free.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea a lot of places will pull the codes for you. Or you could buy a code reader. I bought one a few years ago for $100 and it has been extremely handy being able to pull codes/erase codes and turn off the CEL.

res12603

Reaction score
Bought my 04 Hoe in December 03. Had this problem twice in 2 weeks in October 04 (at about 10k miles) second time sent it to the dealer on a flatbed. Was told they had to replace a computer board. didnt ask many more questions as GM was paying, but havent had problem since.