Rejoiceth in the upgraded bench seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies, gentlemen, and undecideds. I have found a replacement jumpseat on gmpartsdirect after much work, for the crappy bench seats that come on the 2007 Tahoe LSs. Anyone here who owns the 2007 Tahoe LS knows that rather then having a lid in the armrest, there is simply......a little hole. This bench seat that I am about to post the part number to not only has a lid on the armrest, but, the seat cushion lifts up to reveal yet another LOCKING storage space. The part number is 15903927. It is about $500, but I would SO spend it.

Ciao!

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a pic somewhere in their catalog but it wouldnt let me copy it. Ill try to find one somewhere. It is the same seat that is on the 2008 Tahoe LSs, and most of the Silverados

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, this version of the bench seat "center" was what came in some Silverados and Sierras with the bench and a certain package since '07, and then they made the change so it also now comes in Tahoes and Yukons with the bench from '08 onward.

2007 (this one also has aftermarket leather):
DCP_2363.JPG

DCP_2385.JPG

2008 (a Sierra...but same piece):
e676_4.JPG

e690_4.JPG

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now I am having the personal debate. I can actually order the jumpseat in black leather. I am wondering if I should do that and then have the other seats in the car redone in black leather, or just keep my cloth. Or maybe I will wait till we have the first 100 degree day here, and see which one my tush likes more.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now I am having the personal debate. I can actually order the jumpseat in black leather. I am wondering if I should do that and then have the other seats in the car redone in black leather, or just keep my cloth. Or maybe I will wait till we have the first 100 degree day here, and see which one my tush likes more.

i would get it in leather. some of the rental cars i get are base and have cloth seats with leather trim, console included, and it looks really nice. even if you never redo the seats, the console will still look nice. :thumbsup:

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yknow, I was really thinking about that, but here is the bummer-fied part. The seat bottom itself will be leather. Do you think that would be ghetto?

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Jamie Lee Curtis.....this thread shall be bumpethed!!! Now then, I have purchased one of these glorious little benchseats, and all appears as though it should go good and well. There is only one issue. Inside that bottom compartment is a power port. That sucker has to get power from somewhere........meaning that there is a cord on the bottom of the jumpseat that needs to be plugged in.......where do I plug it in??

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some models probably have a power harness right below the seat. I'm thinking about buying a center console off ebay and swapping it for my POS jumpseat. I'm planning on either piggy-backing off of the cigarette adapter in the dash, or running a new wire to the fuse box. Oh, and how much did your upgraded seat run you?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, that's not nearly as much as I was guessing, was that from the dealer?