Remote starter system for a 2006 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitstu

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking at getting a 2 way remote starter system for my 06 Tahoe

My 2006 Tahoe doesn't have an OEM remote starter. All it has is the factory keyless entry system.

Basically I'm looking for a 2 way remote starter system that will obviously start the truck and have the capability to roll down and up the windows if I press a button to do so.

Does anybody here recommend a good product Viper, Python, Cliff that will do these 2 tasks? Or has anybody installed something like this in a 06 Tahoe before?

Thanks.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I have not seen one myself that will do both. I have never seen one that will roll the windows down, that doesn't mean they are not out there, I just have no experience with them.

Whatever you do, make sure that when you install one that it is done right and that all electrical splicing is soldered and not just spliced with electrical clips so to speak. There is so much wiring into the ignition relays with remote start systems that is not done right you can wind up with all kinds of electrical bugs. Ask me how I know...lol

Boris

Reaction score
This is the best part of the car.Basically I'm looking for a 2 way remote starter system that will obviously start the truck and have the capability to roll down and up the windows if I press a button to do so.

mobile accommodation

Last edited:

Mervin_F

Reaction score
Have you heard the report regarding hacking issue? Do you really trust the remote start system? Remote start systems are quite the convenient thing to have, but there's something which should give proprietors pause. Remote start systems are vulnerable to hacking and are apparently much better to get into than some people understand.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Viper 2 way system. I believe that having the windows roll down via the remote was an option.

gibbygsxr

Reaction score
Have you heard the report regarding hacking issue? Do you really trust the remote start system? Remote start systems are quite the convenient thing to have, but there's something which should give proprietors pause. Remote start systems are vulnerable to hacking and are apparently much better to get into than some people understand.

Just because a factory remote start is easily hacked doesn't mean they are all vulnerable. Any car can be broken into or stolen. If they want it they will take it.

OP Go for which remote you like the best. Any one can have the window up or down added with a few extra modules.