Replaced Fans on 2005 with Dorman 620-253 - smoke!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabankosz

Reaction score
hey guys, I got a 2005 with 160K miles, restoring from ground up, daily drive. Down to the engine and tranny- has cross drilled rotors thru new leather, and I am trying to do it right. my fans died, and I lost the water pump same day? coincident, who knows, put new water pump, new fans all is good.

Well, I live in las vegas and it gets 114 degrees at the highest so far, yesterday it was 107 and I am sitting outside target idling in the shade waiting on the wife to get done. For the first time since the new fans, about 6 months, I am in the middle at 210 degrees, not below it to the left. Then 215-220-225 and I pull over. the passenger side fan is smoking- locked up solid. smoke is pouring from the fan motor. I turn the AC off, move to go home, I get home, never goes above 225 as long as the wheels are rolling, had heater wide open, all the tricks.

What the hell happened? is Dorman not a good product? did I get a bad fan or you think this will happen again? lived in las vegas for 7 years on factory fans- not an issue- now this little turd smokes out first time we are over 105 degree. Any info on this would be great.