replacing battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the battery in my recently purchase used 07 ltz taho. I noticed a couple of days after having this vehicle that starting was a little weak. i took my vehicle to Autozone and had battery tested. It tested weak. I replaced the battery with one of there brands... I wanted to purchase the optima batteries but they said it would not fit. The fitment of the positive cable on the battery is really weird the connection has to fit the sides of the battery and not just the terminal. Just wanted to let you guys know about this oddity. The battery from Autozone barely fit. Chevy probably did this just like the freaking wipers being a dealer item only.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few guys here with the Optima Yellow Top in their trucks. Sounds like the Auto Zone guy gotchya.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few guys here with the Optima Yellow Top in their trucks. Sounds like the Auto Zone guy gotchya.

Agreed.. They do have one that will fit.. I still have the factory battery but I do know of a few that have installed the Yellow Top version

Thundergod

Reaction score
Advance Atuo Parts has a compatible wiper, from Trico. I went there to get the Bosch Icons, but they didn't have my size. But, the Trico "super somethingoranother" work great, look good, and they fit our weird wiper arms just fine. The guy at the store installed them for me.
So, you don't have to pay dealer price....

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Thundergod excellent info. I will check tomorrow.

Also anyone know what part number optima battery fits the 2007 tahoe with it weird positive battery clamp.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, so much for the website... Was going to offer up the lookup tool, but they don't even have the 2007 Optimas loaded yet... It's freakin' December 07 for goodness sake!!! :ack: How long does it take for development??? :confused:

So, Rollin Thunder, ball's in your court. Please post the Yellow Top part # for all of us so we can take advantage of this as well... Is it a case of just finding one that physically "fits" and making sure it's powerful enough? Thanks!

Last edited:

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went to advanced auto parts to purchase wipers .....they fit!!!!

asked them about optima and they had to physically match the battery to a yellow top part number Part Number: D34-78 (9014-045). Can anyone confirm this????

Last edited:

slorente

Reaction score
I have been reading about all the issues people are having with batteries on the 2007 and 2008 Tahoe and Suburban. We have an '07 Tahoe LTZ and the battery already has a bad cell. I decided to replace it with an Optima Yellow Top because of the way the charging system works. It tends to let the battery run down a bit before the alternator will kick in to charge. With the accessories on the LTZ and Z71 models (such as Nav, DVD, etc), that is really hard on a typical battery. A deep cell battery like the Yellow Top is much more resistant to constantly discharging and recharging.

I wanted to point out that although the Optima website doesn't list a compatible battery for these vehicles, the D35 (part number 8040-218) is a perfect fit and is the only one that has the terminals on the correct side and doesn't require any modification.