Running Out of Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baked

Reaction score
Hey guys;
So I've been in love with my Z71 for a little over a year now, and it still impresses me every day. It's got a bit done to it, and had some done to it before I purchased it. Here's what I've got put into it.

Outside:
18" Black Rockstar Rims
New Falken All-Terrain Tires
Manic/Push Bar (Black)
Murdered out Lights (Front and Back + Fog)
DARK Tint (This was already done, I'm not sure how dark it actually is.)

Inside:
2 12 Inch Pioneer Premium Subs
Amp wired to work for speakers as well.
Not much done on the inside; I love Tahoe interior. I thought about going to black interior from tan, but it may just be a waste :/

Pictures:
35nam38.png

foeqh3.png

(Sorry for bad quality on second picture.)
Request for more.

What do you guys think?

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Have you ever thought about building/buying a new bumper for the rear or putting a winch on it anywhere? I also just posted on someone else's thread about an idea I had to install and mount/tablet in my truck. If it is something you might be interested in, I would gladly tell you about it.

Baked

Reaction score
Hey gibsonsynthetics, thanks for the feedback!

I would actually LOVE to hear about your idea only because I am desperately wanting to mount an iPad instead of a face plate for my sound system. Currently I'm running the bose with a 1000/W x 2 amp and 2 12 inch limited edition pioneer premiers. It's REALLY loud.

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup! Currently I am at work and will reply this evening when I get home. What head unit fo you currently have installed you might be able to usw both if ypu care too.

Baked

Reaction score
That's my biggest problem! :p My whole head unit is stock at the moment! And will do! I'll check back here when I get off later tonight! Thanks a ton!

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry I never made it on last night (I didn't get home until almost 1 AM :/). Okay, well better late than never, right?

Well, back to the good stuff. I am not entirely sure if you could mount an iPad instead of your head-unit. But, you could definitely run the iPad as the main source of sound and just channel it through your head-unit. Which would be like running an iPod through your head-unit... but numerous times better, bigger and just better in almost every way possible. If you were to be able to run the the stereo off of your iPad, you may have to re-run the wires to be more like a home stereo. This being said, you could get far better quality out of your iPad by doing this and then run everything sound related through a headphone jack.

Now to what I do know. I don't know what the stock head-unit is in your truck. But, if it has an aux input than you are done. If it does not than I would recommend upgrading to something that has an aux input, and preferably has some sub control, then you can get even more out of the system that you have installed currently. The next step would be to design/build a mount that will hold that tablet in a usable position while you are driving (it is kinda hard to use a tablet while holding the wheel with the other hand). I want to mount mine off of the center console so that while my arm is rested on the arm rest the tablet is at my finger tips. Then you can run the aux cable to your head-unit and run whatever you like.

Now to solve the internet problem/3g problem. You can buy a tablet that comes with 3g or better capabilities through some network provider. Or, if you have a smart phone that has tethering capabilities you can run your tablet off of the wireless from your phone (but this could increase your cellphone bill. So just in case you would like another alternative, there are wireless antennas that you can buy for cars which will pick up wireless signal and you can then run that to a router and you get wireless while you are driving just about anywhere.

If you can't tell I have a bit of an active imagination and love designing things. Feel free to hit me up with any question that you have.