Rust Spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtysouth

Reaction score
i have quite a few pin-head sized rust colored spots on/in my paint there are some black ones too. I take good care of it and its garaged most of the time. Im taking it to the dealership tomorrow, is this something i should ask about?

bryanc1819

Reaction score
just a thought, just bought my wife a white mazda cx-9 has tiny rust looking spots all over the back of it. salesman calls it "rail dust" i assume from coming in or being shipped by train. he says a california clay bar will get the spots off. i am taking the cx-9 back to the dealership so they can fix/remove the spots. will let you know how it goes.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, guys, you really need to be a little more specific as to "where" the rust spots are. Are you talking about on the paint, because, if so, that's totally unacceptable and it should be taken to the dealership to be dealt w/...

dirtysouth

Reaction score
Yeah its in the paint on the sides mostly but i noticed some on the tailgate too.