Sanding and repainting wood interior trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you thought about sanding and painting your interior wood trim? I'm tossing around locating some trim pieces from a local junk yard and seeing if I can't make the standard wood trim something different like black or a dark charcoal color. (i know it's just plastic) I'd have to think it couldn't be that hard? I think the sterile environment would be the hardest part. I'm sooooo leary just getting some wood stickers from someone like wooddashexperts.com. Experiences?... :confused:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you can paint it, and it's not a bad idea. Just gotta make sure you go through all the right prep steps, to ensure lasting quality and pro looks. If you do it please post pics.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you thought about sanding and painting your interior wood trim? I'm tossing around locating some trim pieces from a local junk yard and seeing if I can't make the standard wood trim something different like black or a dark charcoal color. (i know it's just plastic) I'd have to think it couldn't be that hard? I think the sterile environment would be the hardest part. I'm sooooo leary just getting some wood stickers from someone like wooddashexperts.com. Experiences?... :confused:

Please post pics if you do this! I kinda like the wood trim in my truck but then again I wonder if I want it painted as well to just match my ebony interior. If not, I might take the black plastic panel off my center console and replace that with wood trim instead. Anyone else done that?