Service Ride Control light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Duggan

Reaction score
2001 GMC Yukon XL w/Air Ride system. Front & Rear shocks replaced, compressor replaced, vehicle levels up on start up. Everything seems to be working fine and the blasted yellow ' service ride control' light stays lit.
Could one of you very knowledgeable members give me a clue? I'm about to surrender and go for the black electrical tape fix.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about this but maybe the trouble codes are still in the computers memory causing the light to remain on. Im sure there is a way to reset it or clear the codes. Just an idea. I dont know if newer vehicles retain trouble codes in memory, but hopefully someone else will ring in with some advice. Good luck

Jack Duggan

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Crash.....this situation is really annoying, hopefully someone here has the answer.
Jack D.

Jack Duggan

Reaction score
Boost:
Thanks for the suggestion but it was NG at AutoZone, their code reader showed no codes set so there was nothing to erase. Thanks anyway, appreciate your interest.
Jack D.