Set side mirrors to automatically fold-in on park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin00

Reaction score
I've got a 2007 Yukon SLT... have the power side mirrors that fold-in and fold-out with the push of a button. Is there any way to program these mirrors to fold-in automatically when the car is put in park? The info center doesn't have this as an option.

Thanks in advance.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for that a when I first got my Denali. no luck. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place. :au:

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not possible in stock form--the command is not there. I don't know if it could be modded. Mercedes are setup like that.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would be nice if the folded/unfolded when you put/took the key in/out.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it would just put alot more wear on the motors. I don't think the button is so hard. Then again I park miles away from everyone and don't need to fold them 90% of the time.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it would just put alot more wear on the motors. I don't think the button is so hard. Then again I park miles away from everyone and don't need to fold them 90% of the time.

Exactly what I do!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well yeah I press the button anyway even when I park in my own driveway. I just like my mirrors to be folded in when parked for some reason. But if it was auto it would be better that's all.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fold mine up when in the garage just so I can get by. I have a three car garage, but I think four would be better! I use my folding mirrors all the time. I should probably pick up new motors now huh? :lol:

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fold mine all the time--except when I'm in my own garage. Leaving them out is just asking for them to be hit. Up here in Vancouver, our parking spaces are a lot smaller than the ones you have in the USA.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea , I hate small parking spaces! I fold mine frequently but also tend to park further away in parking lots...my wife hates that so she can use her own car--a Maxima and park wherever she wants :gy: She doesn't respect or appreciate a good automobile. But hey, thats women :confused2:
I used to manually fold in the mirror on my last car so this is a nice convenience to have. (man,am I that lazy?) Anyway my son thinks it's cool :thumbsup:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....my wife hates that so she can use her own car--a Maxima and park wherever she wants :gy: She doesn't respect or appreciate a good automobile. But hey, thats women . . . .

same here :D no respect-ee, no driv-ee