Shocks !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok! ..I'm about to replace the oem shocks ..Looking for something that gives a nice comfortable ride and still be able to tow if needed.

What are your guys recommendations? I'm leaning towards BILSTEINs ....

Last edited:

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I was thinking about this the other day. Mine don't seem to be at the end of life yet. On my previous Explorer, I changed to Edelbrock IAS shocks. The description seemed to make sense. I was pretty happy with them as the Explorer had a much shorter wheelbase than the Tahoe. Take a look and tell me what you think:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/shocks/shocks_main.shtml

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also looking to do the same thing this year. My 02 kon still has the stock shocks, 50,000 miles but I would like a better ride. On my 94 kon I put on the Edelbrock IAS shocks about 2yrs ago, they made the ride more responsive, less body roll. I like them. The IAS's would be my 1st choice when I decide to buy shocks this yr.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with Bilsteins. Thats what I plan to do before my next major trip.

For some reason I've never been a huge fan of the edelbrock shocks.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autozone here in my area has the Bilsteins for bout 60 /piece and I have nothing but heard of excellent reviews on them from other forums.

thats why i wanted other peoples opinions :)

Thanks all