Should I buy? (new owner maybe!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SourDiesel

Reaction score
thats another thing, resale, i wonder how that will go when going to sell that one. but your right it looks very new, and has less miles than my 06 has.

Yeah it does have a flood salvaged title. It's been "state inspected" apparently. I've checked the carfax and it matches everything he told me.

Thats also what I was thinking though. It would be tough to resell because of this. But then again, not everyone is that smart.

****, I'm thinkin about just having a mechanic check it out and make sure the engine is fine. Even if I had to buy some new electronics that arent bad I'd still rather spend the extra money to know it will be safe..

I dont have the money for a tahoe considering I'm 18 so if I pass this up I'll have to buy a 95-99

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does have a flood salvaged title. It's been "state inspected" apparently. I've checked the carfax and it matches everything he told me.

Thats also what I was thinking though. It would be tough to resell because of this. But then again, not everyone is that smart.

****, I'm thinkin about just having a mechanic check it out and make sure the engine is fine. Even if I had to buy some new electronics that arent bad I'd still rather spend the extra money to know it will be safe..

I dont have the money for a tahoe considering I'm 18 so if I pass this up I'll have to buy a 95-99

OEM parts are not cheap by any means...

markiv396

Reaction score
SourDiesal...my gut feelings would tell me to pass on this one for the same reasons others have already stated. The resell issue would also cause me sleepness nights. If the title is already identified as flood damaged and listed on carfax then it will be very apparent to any potential buyers and if not it should be brought to their attention early in the deal. Despite these concerns I understand the temptation and hesitation to pass on it. Your idea about taking it to a mechanic has merit and I would encourage you to take to a GM dealership and have them run through a complete diagnostic\inspection. It should be a shop that you plan on taking the rig to for future repairs so can stand behind their seal of approval.
Another point is the warranty. Do a little research on the company that is publishing the warranty and make sure that salvaged\flooded damaged vehicles do not have any "pre-existing conditions" clause that may hold up any future repairs.
Good luck!

zeokter

Reaction score
there are alot of electronic components housed in the under the right side rear cargo panel... Ask the dealer to take that panel off and see if thats damages.

REDYUKON

Reaction score
NO NO NO

I know exactly which truck this is since I was in the market and drove this one too. I also, brought my mechanic friend to look over this truck.

Looks new, engine is spotless, and the price is right. However, any hidden parts and components that you cannot visibly see that are affected my flood will show eventually and it will be too late. This dealer might seem revealing everything that is wrong with it, but if it is that confident and perfect, how come such a low price for 2003 with 35k miles?

Stay away and get something else. It this was a Chevy dealer and they are telling this would be different story because it is Chevy product, but just the fact that it is a local dealer who does this everyday... I am vey skeptical about this vehicle, and that is why I have stayed away.

Hope this helps.

Well I've been trying to sell my truck for awhile and I think I finally found a buyer.. Ive been looking at tahoes and yukons for awhile now and finally found one in my area.

The only thing is.. it's been in a flood. There's a company here that buys cars from insurance companies (floods, hail, totaled out cars) and fixes them and resells em.

I found this one, I drove it the other day.. It looked like it was in really good condition, the underbody had almost no rust (good for 6 year old truck in Minnesota) and the engine was spotless.

So, he said it had flooded the front end and the dash was completly torn apart. The seats are fine, hardly any visible damage..

35k miles. Im pretty sure I can talk him down in price too.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/571818534.html

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though it looks good, I could never trust a submerged vehicle. But...that's just me.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would not buy a damaged vehicle unless I knew it very well and it was a really good deal. Knowing it meaning I could perform all the service that it may require from the damage myself - because you may save money now but it'll bite you if you have to take multiple trips to the dealer to solve issues that you would otherwise not have. But if you know the vehicle well and are well equipped to deal with potential issues, you could be in a situation to save yourself a lot of money on a nice ride.