Should I do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some black electrical tape on my bow-tie a couple minutes ago. Just to get an idea. What do you guys think? Go black, or try and color match with the paint? Im thinking if I color match it won't really show up at all. Im gonna leave the tape on for a day to see if I like it (i know its ghetto). Anyway, should I do it?

0521081254zo7.jpg

Thanks, Dan

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually kinda like it black. What about gold? I've seen those before, and they're kinda nice, too. Either way, nice lookin' truck!

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda hard decision there. I like the black bowtie, but I would say a color matched one would look better.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the gold one? I like mine.

Black looks OK I think, but why?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's different, I'll give you that, and it definitely makes it stick out...but not it a good way, IMO. I personally don't think it goes unless the rest of the truck is black. I say leave it gold, or color match it.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say do it. looks good. I wanna tint my GMC logos, either like you tint the taillights and smoke just the logos or paint em blue like the truck.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for amount of these trucks costs the consumer and how much it really costs to build one ..they should have been made out of gold

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good IMO, but I think it would match even better if it was body colored.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good IMO, but I think it would match even better if it was body colored.

i have to agree with JK here, i did mine white and it really makes a big difference. go with the color match, its so damn easy, so if it takes a couple of different times to match it right, its no biggie. just sand and start with a new color. you WONT regret it.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Brushed Aluminum, I'm getting a GMC for my front grill

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also a fan of the Billet Logos. They are becoming harder to find but they look awesome, great $50 investment.

brymed79

Reaction score
you could test what it would look like so paint it the same body color by using duct tape..hhehe