Side molding removed and tow hooks painted....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I FINALLY did these really easy mods. Stripped the side molding off to match the badgeless look that I did about 4 months ago. The tow hook idea just came to me about 2 weeks ago so I just decided to do it. I havent seen anyone do it before so I think its pretty unique and it was very easy. Here are the pics, tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    354.8 KB · Views: 86

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, it makes the car look very sleek, I wanted to remove side moldings like you but changed my mind because it is what protects my door from stupid haters trying to put dings and scratches on it.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fresh, i'm keeping the side moldings because they've prevented door dings for me but the hooks look nice, what kind of paint did you use?

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dig the painted tow hooks...need to do something about that bottom valence though...

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fresh, i'm keeping the side moldings because they've prevented door dings for me but the hooks look nice, what kind of paint did you use?

i used the same paint and process that i used on my bowtie. its some stuff i found at autozone or whatever its called import auto paint. the color is super white. its not an exact match but since its not right next to the body paint it works good. the side molding on my truck at some dings on it from the original owner so i took them off. i dont park close to anyone when i drive it so the door dings arent really a worry for me.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dig the painted tow hooks...need to do something about that bottom valence though...

thanks man. my orginal plan was to paint everything that isnt white or chrome on my truck to be white but since i have for sale signs in my truck right now im not really worried about that idea. i have had some guys call me about buying it since i put the signs in it, its only been a week. i am asking $18,500, i know thats high for the market but i have had some pretty serious guys come look at it as well. one guys is waiting till his wife gets back off deployment in august. im looking at getting a Dodge Magnum when i do sell it. i love my truck but the MPG is killing me right now. the Magnum can be pimped out and it will be big enough for me and my family(wife, 18month old, and bulldog). if i dont get any buyers before i deploy in september i will probably paint my back vents and the bottom valance. i looked at how its on the truck and it seems pretty easy to take off.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much better, hopefully nobody buys it so you'll have to mod it some more.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much better, hopefully nobody buys it so you'll have to mod it some more.

yah im hoping someone does buy it for the little things i have done to it but we will see. im not sure what route i would go next as my wife is constantly telling me, "stop doing stuff to your damn truck because you are just wasting your time, someone is going to buy it!"

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man after driving my truck since these mods and looking at it more, the more i love the little difference it makes.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how i was just before i sold my SS. i would fix all the things that needed attention right before i sold it, i would say to myself this thing is bad ass. now i kick myself everytime i see a clean SS driving down the road. DOH!

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how i was just before i sold my SS. i would fix all the things that needed attention right before i sold it, i would say to myself this thing is bad ass. now i kick myself everytime i see a clean SS driving down the road. DOH!

i hear you man. most of you guys know how much i love my tahoe but im really like some of the magnums i am seeing on the forums and stuff. cant go wrong with it becuase it will be big enough for my needs and it will save me money on gas. just gotta try and sell it before i go back to iraq for the 4th time. just found out about this trip today. gonna make some mad cash though!

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to sell it, especially now, you are not going to get anything near what you should. That thing is beautiful. Just tell them you are aasking $20k for it because naturally everyone becomes a negotiator when it comes to cars. They will offer you half for a car but buy a $500 pair of sun glasses because they say Gucci on them, it's funny ****. I do this for a living, and I actually laugh at people sometimes.

rjardy

Reaction score
So I FINALLY did these really easy mods. Stripped the side molding off to match the badgeless look that I did about 4 months ago. The tow hook idea just came to me about 2 weeks ago so I just decided to do it. I havent seen anyone do it before so I think its pretty unique and it was very easy. Here are the pics, tell me what you guys think.

It looks great. I have the black trim on mine too and I want to take it off. Is it only held on with adhesive? Or are there any mounting tabs to deal with?

Again, your truck looks great!