slp air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95yukongt

Reaction score
so my dad finally joined the family and bought a 02 gmc yukon xl with the 5.3 with less then 30,000 miles. it has 22inch rims with borla dual exhaust and hypertech tuner. besides that im really looking into the slp air intake for him. is it good. the truck had the kn airintake but the previous owner said it wasnt good and took it off. its either the volant or the slp.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't really comment on SLP for these trucks everyone either uses AEM Brute Force, K&N,S&B,or Volant! Alot of people go with the AEM but it comes down preference as well.If you don't mind the washing & oiling part than the K&N 77 Series FIPK or S&B is a good choice, if you do then the Volant or AEM is a good as well no oiling! Hope this helps ya!

95yukongt

Reaction score
ok thatnks alot. my dad really wants the volant but i wanted to know if anybody knows any info on the slp one. thanks man.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An 02 with only 30,000 miles on it??????? Wow, my 02 has 108,000 on it!!!!
If that is truly the mileage on it consider that a killer deal!!
If you are going to do just an intake, I would consider getting a tune done for the truck, an intake alone will hardly be noticeable (except louder) until you reprogram your computer to accept and use the new air flow.