so ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aznpersuasion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive sorted out a few things and now can move on to preference items. ive searched a bit on ride quality vs lift with torsion bars. however i come up with mostly quality after just cranking them, no lift. so my tahoe has 4" lift and (coming from a jetta gli) the ride quality is rather rough. ride isnt super bad, just cali roads kinda suck and i feel all the bumps. if i release the bar anymore the front will sag below the rear. am i just experiencing torsion bars? or is there something amiss.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems normal to me it is lifted so if you didn't get offroading shocks and just got a lift kit of 4" then you will experience a ruff ride also depends on your tires.

aznpersuasion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm using Rancho rs5000 series shocks and 33" bfg at ta ko tires. Thanks.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the lift. if your going for ride quality, then you might need to go back to stock but other than that your probably going to need to sacrifice the ride quality for the lift. if you want ill trade you, my tahoe is pretty smooth with 3" spacers on the rear and torsion keys, lol but its for the most part stock. and im running 34" tires.

aznpersuasion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, its cool. i dont mind the quality. i just want to make sure i didnt miss something causing a ride to be harsher then need be.

Red Bird

Reaction score
Weather Alert

How do I stop the Flood Warnings from showing up on my nav
every 3-5 min I am tired of hitting the cancel button

2012 LTZ 4X4 :help:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I stop the Flood Warnings from showing up on my nav
every 3-5 min I am tired of hitting the cancel button

2012 LTZ 4X4 :help:

Try the newer body style forum..... And then try a new thread, dont just drop an off topic question in someone elses thread........

aznpersuasion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i disconnected my front sway in preparation for some off roading and noticed improved ride quality and only a small amount of additional body roll.