So what should I expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went in to get new rims today on my 07 LT2 tahoe with 28000 miles on it cause it was time for new tires so I wanted new rims as well... Well then I started thinking about it and my factory warranty is about to be up and I figured I was getting a new tahoe within 2 years anyways. There is no better time to buy a tahoe than right now. However, they just ended their employee pricing plus 5000 cash back deal. So I want to know how much I should expect off sticker price on Tahoes/Yukons when I go to the chevrolet dealership on Monday. I know they are desperate to sell these things right now, so I am looking to get a great deal. At least 5k off. Tell me what to expect guys because I am not sure if they are still offering the same great deals they were last month. Thanks for the advice!:thumbsup:

combatcraig

Reaction score
I'd play hardball if I were you and tell them you want employee pricing plus 5 grand back or you're going to keep looking. Never indicate that you're in a hurry or desperate. When they say no, leave your cell number and walk away. If you do this near the end of the month, they're likely to call you and give it to you anyhow just to move the vehicle. My 2wd 08' LTZ stickered at over 54 grand and I got it for $42,500 out the door (including tax/title/tags/fees). Good luck. We've had ours for 5 weeks and absolutely love it. I also love that gas prices keep falling!

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Yukon XL SLT in Sept. for $43300 before taxes , loaded. I felt it was a good deal but have seen advertised better. Sticker 55k. All options other than pwr liftgate and pwr rear seats. You should definetely bargain hard. Consumers Reports stated December is the best time for a new 2008 of any car due to dealers willing to let vehicles go cheap just to clear stock. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!
Joe

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! And GM stock took a big hit yesterday to below $5 a share for the first time since 1950. You may want to see how that affects sales.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but you guys were getting these great deals in september when they were doing employee pricing and 5k cash back... They arent running those incentives anymore, now they are doing just 0%APR financing I think? Plus maybe 1,000 cash back. So can I still get these same great deals? Also what kind of deal could I expect on a 2009?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue I can think of is that your trade value is going to be poor right now. Unless you plan on keeping it.

combatcraig

Reaction score
The only issue I can think of is that your trade value is going to be poor right now. Unless you plan on keeping it.

You're right about that. When I bought my 08 about 5 weeks ago they only offered me 17 grand for my trade (06' Infiniti G35 Coupe that was in excellent condition and blue book trade in was 24 grand). I ended up selling it myself 4 weeks later. Since I took the trade "off the table", I got a much better deal on my purchase and it made the process so much easier. You'd probably have a heck of a time trying to sell your used Tahoe unless you want to "give it away". Heck, some dealers won't even take SUVs on trade ins! You're not going to get as good of a deal on an 09' right now when there are so many 08s left over. If you're really looking for a deal, you're going to have to go for an 08'. One thing you can do is be very specific about the options you want in addition to a smoking deal and let them find it for you. I wanted an LTZ with the 3.73 axle and my dealer had to get it out of FL!

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm well, How much money should I be expecting off of lets say an 08 LTZ loaded? A dealer quoted me 38500 over the phone the other day and said if I came in they would probably do better than that. Is that a good deal? Also, if I went to Carmax or someplace like that instead would they give me better value for my Tahoe than the dealer would? thanks guys

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like too good a deal. Once your inside that quote may go up. Happened to me on a red 08 LTZ. I didn't want the one he had so he got another identical LTZ in black but $3000 more. 40300-43300.(after rebates) His excuse was delivery dates. 1st one 9/07. Second one 5/08. Of course he did not tell me the first time the vehicle was delivered a full year earlier. Still not a bad price but I didn't like the games he played and walked out. You definetely need to see the vehicle first and get that quote in writing for that particular vehicle. I wasted plenty of time at 4 dealerships searching for what I wanted at the price I wanted and the dealer ended up going to N.J. to pick it up. I guess it wasn't a waste but I was disappointed a few times by promises made. I walked out on a Suburban and a Yukon after the price,options etc... were all agreed to and the salesman attempted to change the agreed upon deal. I guess what i'm saying is hammer out a deal but verify prior to signing your life away.

combatcraig

Reaction score
As for Carmax... Good luck. After the dealer offered me 8 grand less than my G35 was worth I took it to Carmax on a buddies suggestion. They offered me what amounted to Kelly Blue Book "good" wholesale price. About 4 grand less than I wanted to settle for. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even want your trade. Almost nobody wants our "gas-guzzling" SUVs. Good luck. 38 grand on that 08 is a really good deal.

pursuit2550

Reaction score
I got mines for 33700 08 Tahoe LS 5.3 FlexFuel, 3rd row,and polished 20's with 0 intrest. A week later they did away with the 0 intrest and came in with the employee pricing. You have to play hard ball with them, inn the end they might or might not go for it. When I was looking for a SUV I went to a dealer that had a fully loaded 04 Tahoe. I forgot the price but I told them what I wanted to pay monthly and they came close but wanted to charge me 15 percent. I told them I could get a 08 for 0 and he told me it was bull, just a sales pitch to get you in the door. Sure enough I got my 0 intrest, I should have gone back and showed him like that he knows he just lost a sale.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am hoping to get 20k for my 07 Tahoe LT2 Black on Black with bucket seats and upgraded bose sound system. It has 28000 miles and is in great condition besides a few minor rock chips. Im going tomorrow to the dealership so Ill let you guys know what they say. Ive been hearing dealerships are offering like 15k off sticker price on 08's... I think I'm gonna try to take my tahoe to carmax first because it sounds like they will give me a better deal on my trade in.

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSRP for my 08 was $46,555.00 and I got it OTD for $32,100 with 0% interest.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSRP for my 08 was $46,555.00 and I got it OTD for $32,100 with 0% interest.

HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT? You have to be kidding me. I got the dealer down to 37984 on an 08 LT3 with a sticker of 48900 today. However, he wouldn't go down from that price as he said he had no more rebates or money to play with. He then said at that price that I couldn't get 0% interest. He said if i wanted 0% interest then i couldnt include the 6000 cash rebate that he had included in the price. He truly acted like this was the lowest he could go and that GM would not let the dealership do 0% interest in addition to the 6000 rebate. He said if he did he would most likely lose money or break even. I am under the impression that they will not give 12000 off MSRP plus do 0% APR. Is this what you guys have experienced or can the dealer do both?

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got GMS, rebate money and 0% interest when I bought my 08 back in April. It’s all about how you negotiate the deal.