Some new pics I took of our truck CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't think I posted these here yet and thought I would share them. These are some updated pictures we took of our 2009-2013 GM Truck/SUV application. They fit all the V8 gassers such as the Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Suburban and Escalade. As you can see we added a larger filter than we originally had, and made some slight modifications to the intake tube. We are pretty happy with it! As always, let me know if you have any questions, PM or email works best, thanks! ;)

Part# 512-0101
WhiteBackgroundFinal_zps6d9cc7e7.jpg

Part# 512-0101-B
WhiteBackgroundFinal_zps56bd5339.jpg

briando

Reaction score
i'm kinda lost. how does a chevy benefit from cold air induction. if cold air is so important why is it we all wait for our cars to warm up? help me out

Last edited:

Bigbill

Reaction score
There is a huge difference between the engine at operating tempeture and the air coming into the engine. One lets the engine operate at its peak performance and the other allows colder air which is more dense and allows more air and better flow in to he engine with less restriction from the bends and bellows boots that connect it

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
What do you make for the 1999 tahoe with 5.7 the k &n I have sucks it pops off all the time.

Unfortunately we do not have anything for GM Trucks/SUV's older than 2007 at this point. If you fill out the following form we can contact you if we end up developing a system for that application: http://www.coldairinductions.com/contact-us/vehicles-needed

Thanks for your interest!

i'm kinda lost. how does a chevy benefit from cold air induction. if cold air is so important why is it we all wait for our cars to warm up? help me out

Letting your vehicle warm up in extreme cold conditions is a totally different thing. Let me try and explain a little bit... You let your engine heat up so that the engine and its fluids can get to "normal" operating temperature, this allows your engine oil to work better and is healthier for your engine. Whether you are sucking in 10 degree air or 100 degree air, your engine and fluids will run at relatively the same temperatures, the difference as far the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) goes, will have a direct impact on your fuel trims and is what effects the performance. Colder air means denser air which essentially equates to more fuel, bigger combustion, and therefore more HP. Like I said your engine runs at the same temp anyways, outside of some of the other ways a CAI helps which the member below pointed out, our system is insulated against the heat of the engine bay with a ceramic coated intake tube and insulated & enclosed airbox to help keep that IAT as low as possible. I hope that answers your question, if you need more feel free to PM me or email me. Thanks! :waytogo:

There is a huge difference between the engine at operating tempeture and the air coming into the engine. One lets the engine operate at its peak performance and the other allows colder air which is more dense and allows more air and better flow in to he engine with less restriction from the bends and bellows boots that connect it

+1, freeing up the restriction and allowing for a more direct path for the intake air is definitely a big part of it. And of course the filter is important as well since essentially it is the hearbeat of the CAI. We actually engineer our own air filters so that not only do they keep the air cleaner, but they also assist in the performance aspect as well. Here is a 3D video we had made that takes you inside one of our air filters: http://www.coldairinductions.com/air-filters/filters-in-action/

:waytogo:

2000CCSB

Reaction score
so whats the going price on one of these outfits??? I'm all about helping an up and coming business but you guys gotta produce a CAI for the OBS 88-00 these are the guys who have their trucks paid for and are looking to spend that payment money on something to help performance and MPG the biggest thing these days.

Well I'll keep an eye of the website and wiat to see if ya'll come out with a product for US.

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
The systems are $399.99, currently they are only for models 2007 and newer. If you follow our Facebook Page you will have an easy way of eeing in the loop with new product announcements. Thanks! :waytogo: