Some Pics Of My Custom Amp Rack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I just used a couple of pieces off the main sheet of wood that I had, I wanna say they were 2" tall by the 11.5" wide but I don't remember exactly. you can just measure a good height that gets it slightly above the middle floor hump

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm sorruy I was super lazy. Went to Home Dept got some wpood con clearence for 4.37. cut it 11'5 like you said. Now Im gonna take the other wood...cut n glue it together to oe piece then cover it. I;ll take pelenty of pics.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's a few pics of my new amp setup, I blew my 2 channel alpine and said screw it I'll get two new matching amps. I went with the Cerwin Vega exl 350.2 and the exl 400.4. they scream compared to the old alpines.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks good with the matching setup. Its weird for me to see such small numbers in this truck, but the truck has great acoustics. i actually played 1 12" MTX idr what it was called. its a square that we built a box for for some kid, but even with 1 12 it was still loud. granted, i still had around 1200rms going to one speaker, but it still *somewhat* impressed me.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I tell ya it's loud as f*** the smaller numbers are fine for me right now cause I couldn't imagine it much louder. lol

DaKing602

Reaction score
Wow when I first saw your pics (Tahoebrotha) I thought I was looking at my amp rack. I have an Alpine 1507 amp but I have grey Vinyl instead of the black carpet. Yours looks good though. I was wondering how many DB's I was putting out. I don't have a meter so if anyone can guessimate, I have 3 12" W3 JL Audio wired together for 4 ohm and an Alpine 1507 (about 900 rms) @ 4 ohm x 1, Optima yellow top and Stinger 1 Farad cap.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow when I first saw your pics (Tahoebrotha) I thought I was looking at my amp rack. I have an Alpine 1507 amp but I have grey Vinyl instead of the black carpet. Yours looks good though. I was wondering how many DB's I was putting out. I don't have a meter so if anyone can guessimate, I have 3 12" W3 JL Audio wired together for 4 ohm and an Alpine 1507 (about 900 rms) @ 4 ohm x 1, Optima yellow top and Stinger 1 Farad cap.

i would guess somewhere mid 130s. what are they, dual 2-ohm, 4-ohm or 8 ohm? im trying to figure out how you got to 4 ohms.. mathematically, it doesnt work. i have 3 dual 2-ohms so theyre wired for 1.6 ohms.

DaKing602

Reaction score
Yeah I think thats why I like JL. I was thinking about getting 2 Alpine type R just so I can stick with everything Alpine. What do you think about the Type R?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
type r's arent bad at all. i personally like alpine. But if you have the opportunity, i'd say go for some type X's. I know a guy with type x's in a tahoe, and it sounds really good.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should post pics of your setup daking. I'd like to see what other people are doing to get inspired a little bit.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Alpine 1507. About 900 rms, so 300 a piece.

ehhhh, you may want to just upgrade your amp instead. that amp will do 900 rms bridged at 4 ohm, but also note that thats at 14.4V. most charging systems will not steadily charge at 14.4V while under heady use. under load you probably see 13 volts, meaning the amps only putting out 700 watts.
a good amp can make all the difference. and its always good to have the ability to overpower a speaker, but know your limits. I have 3 Pioneer tsw308d2's wired up to 1.3 ohms, so they take 1200 rms, but i can push almost 1700 into them if i wanted to.

also, please do post up some pics. i love to see how everyone did they're systems, and i believe you are the only other person I've ever heard of having 3 12s other than myself. so props to you on that one. :thumbsup:
heres mine...
IMG_0377ps.jpg

DaKing602

Reaction score
I'll post some pics up soon. You have a nice looking setup in the back. Do you have any of your amp rack?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now i actually have no amp rack. I'm between 4-channels and dont wanna build it yet if i dont know the amp size and all. I'll probably end up recessing the amps or something, so size really effects alot.