Some Pics Of My Custom Amp Rack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good DJTricky. i debated making a "just because i can" truck, but i figured since i use the space so much i'd stick with the norm, plus a little bit.
If you can actually say you built all that i'll give you more props. lol

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually did. the only things i didint do are the plexy pieces i had a shop do the etching.

when i finally got my cam(never owned one) i was putting in my finial touches.
IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

all done...(5 hours latter)

IMG_3365.jpg

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have now earned my respect. from one fabricator/installer to another, that is a great job. I dont mess with plexi too much, but mostly alot of aluminum and such. but i know how difficult it is to work with plexi sometimes. you defiantly have my respect and props on that build.
I've only really seen 1 system that tops that..
it was a bandpass that has actual tempered glass with the words "in case of emergency break glass" with 3 MASSIVE bottles of grey goose behind the glass inside the bandpass. n its not a flashy box, but its clean, and it just goes together so well.

DaKing602

Reaction score
Nice setup Tricky. At first I didn't think that was really your setup but you convinced me. Props to you.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hay thanks guys, i put in about 160 hours to it lol and its still not done,

behind the plexi in the middle. i just put a blue 4 inch neon tube(old one broke)
IMG_3370.jpg

the batteries and caps are behind plexi as well

IMG_3368.jpg

king-KON

Reaction score
that is insane. i have two kicker cvr12s and i mounted the amp to the back seat and my 4 channel for my front 4x6 and 6.5in door speakers i punched holes for is under my seat. i would do somthing completely insane with leds n fiberglass but i use my cargo area too much and it still is a plow and work truck lol ill get pics up in a litle bit

-matt

DaKing602

Reaction score
Ok well here is mine sorry it took so long...
IMG_2338.jpg

Alpine amp, Stinger Cap, distribution blocks and wiring.
IMG_2339.jpg

This is my first attemp at making a box, how it looks with the back window open.
IMG_2340.jpg

This is how it looks from the front with the seats down. 3 12" JL Audio W3's
IMG_2343.jpg

This is my deck, Alpine DVD with my kids as a wallpaper.
IMG_2344.jpg

DaKing602

Reaction score
3 12s with a third row.. now thats what i like to see! it looks good. especially for a first attempt.

Thanks, yeah I had to figure how to do it and keep the 3rd row. I have to many people that want rides. I think they just look for reasons to ride in the Yukon.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I had to figure how to do it and keep the 3rd row. I have to many people that want rides. I think they just look for reasons to ride in the Yukon.

thats why i miss my coupes. "sorry, i dont have room for ya" lol. and i seem to have the people wantin to ride in the hoe too... weird huh? lol

oddly enough this thread started as something about amp racks and i STILL havent gotten around to makin mine! oh well, they dont move anyway. its just for looks. lol. i'll get it done eventually. im just too lazy.

97srad750

Reaction score
Ok well here is mine sorry it took so long...
IMG_2338.jpg

Alpine amp, Stinger Cap, distribution blocks and wiring.
IMG_2339.jpg

This is my first attemp at making a box, how it looks with the back window open.
IMG_2340.jpg

This is how it looks from the front with the seats down. 3 12" JL Audio W3's
IMG_2343.jpg

This is my deck, Alpine DVD with my kids as a wallpaper.
IMG_2344.jpg

Looks good. You thought about turning the box around. You'll get probably twice the output if you do that.

DaKing602

Reaction score
I did have it turned around at first but it would rattle the hell out of my tailgate. I need to get some Dynomat or something on the tailgate before I put it like that again.

97srad750

Reaction score
I did have it turned around at first but it would rattle the hell out of my tailgate. I need to get some Dynomat or something on the tailgate before I put it like that again.

I bet it did. Really nice setup.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured thats why you would have it turned around. we built a box for a guy with a monte carlo who did the same thing til he got some dynomat. unfortunately its not cheap.

DaKing602

Reaction score
Does you know if it's hard to install Dynomat? I know you use a roller and a hot air gun I think. Do you think it would be to hard to do for a first timer?

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did mine for the first time, it was easy, but i also did like 3 layers of dynomat extreme. and a 1/2 inch layer of Kevlar.