Splash Guards for 2015 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leafman60

Reaction score
I have a new 2015 Tahoe Z71 and I'd like some splash guards for the fenders.

The GM accessory book shows part numbers-

23228521 front

22922767 rear

The Z71 appears to have running boards/bars that varies from the standard Tahoe. The flaps appear to be molded to fit around the front part of the running boards.

Any idea from anyone if these molded flaps will fit the Z71 version of the new 2015 Tahoe?

leafman60

Reaction score
I installed a set of Husky mud flaps that work great and look good on the 2015 Z71 Tahoe.

The floorboards/nerf bars are different on a Z71. I don't think the standard GM mug flap will fit properly but the Husky flaps look OEM.

Bighurk

Reaction score
I installed a set of Husky mud flaps that work great and look good on the 2015 Z71 Tahoe.

The floorboards/nerf bars are different on a Z71. I don't think the standard GM mug flap will fit properly but the Husky flaps look OEM.

Glad I found this post leafman60. I have been looking at the husky mud flaps myself and haven't bought them yet because I was searching for pictures of how did fit on the Z71. Do you have any pics to show?

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leafman60

Reaction score
Glad I found this post leafman60. I have been looking at the husky mud flaps myself and haven't bought them yet because I was searching for pictures of how did fit on the Z71. Do you have any pics to show?

Thx!

I will try to take some pics soon and post.

They work fine. They come with some clear paint protector application but I didn't use it. I don't think you need it. Chevy already has a small black plastic rock guard on the front wheel wells and the aftermarket flaps fit/look better if you remove the stock guards instead of installing the new flaps on top of them.

Also, on the rear, I didn't yet drill and install the extra screw they give you. The flaps work fine, look oem.

On another topic, in the day when your DRL (daytime running lights) is working, are your low beam headlamps on or off. Mine seems to use the low beam lamps for the DRL. the led strips are on too.

The models with HID (LTZ) do not have their low beams on with the DRL.

I'll break this out to another topic.

Bighurk

Reaction score
For mine, it is using low beams as DRL. Depending on how bright it is outside, I would say the majority of the time, mine is on. Sometimes I would just manually turn it off.

leafman60

Reaction score
I WILL post some splash guard pics but it may be after the weekend.

You will like the Husky items.

Bighurk

Reaction score

leafman60

Reaction score
I think I mentioned earlier that I did not use the paint protector clear adhesives provided with the flaps. They are about an 1/2-1 inch wide and apparently intended to prevent the flaps from hurting the paint.

Since GM already had plastic edge guards on the front that I removed, looks to me like the flaps wouldn't hurt the paint. I think you could see the clear strips too. Anyway, it was my own choice and I didn't use the paint protectors.