Sport99's Tahoe Sport! (56K WARNING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport99

Reaction score
About a month ago I picked up this 1999 Tahoe sport. Shortly after, I found this forum and have spent many hours searching through all the information here.

With the semi warm weather up here in the Northeast, I found sometime today to give it a good cleaning. I spent all of yesterday doing the intake manifold gaskets and other various tune up things. Its got just over 150k on it, and so far I'm pleased with my purchase. The only addition I've made so far are the tinted front windows.

I look forward to being an active member in the community.

Here are the pics;
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
Clean looking truck. If you dont have a carpet extractor then here is a simple way to make your carpet look better. Vacuum really good. If you have an air compressor than this would be the time to attach an air blower and give your carpet a good blowing. Take some Simple Green and spray it on the carpet direct. Brush it in really good in multiple directions. Take a terry cloth towel and wipe the carpet up really good. Re-vacuum and youre done. Work in sections. I know this is common knowledge but I'm on lunch and bored so there you go. I own a Body Shop and a Detail Shop and we use a large carpet extractor but this system actually does a pretty good job. There you go if you wanted it or not :)

Sport99

Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for the advice! I have a portable carpet steamer I'll use once it gets warmer outside. Its worked very well for me in the past, and this carpet isn't bad compared to some of the other cars I've purchased. Untill I find some factory floor mats, the carpet is only going to get dirty with use, so I'll really detail it come spring.

As for the tow hitch, I'm debating wether or not to purchase a new one, or to take this one off and have it sand blasted. I'll do most of the cosmetic enhancements come spring time.

Lastly, I guess I'm one of the few who like the runing boards, so they'll be staying for a while.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep the running boards- i like em too.nice truck its my trucks twin

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i second that!! keep them on. BUT that tow hitch i think you will need to take

it off to get it painted right sand blast it.

you might find one in the salvage yard better looking than yours.

Sport99

Reaction score
keep the running boards- i like em too.nice truck its my trucks twin

Thanks! Your truck looks great as well. I like the functionality of the running boards, they help when it comes to washing the top of the truck. They also help the ladies step up into the truck.