Spudder or slight shake at idle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007redltz

Reaction score
hi all. im new to this site hoping for some help. i bought my 4th tahoe about 2 months ago a 2007 ltz with the 5.3 125k. when test driving it i felt a little spudder or shaking at idle. very faint but if i have a bottle of water or something in the cup holder you can clearly see the water shaking. it only does it at idle when im in drive. it runs and drives perfect. no cel no service announcements on the info screen. first thing i thought was it has to have the original plugs and wires. so i replaced the plugs and wires with oem plugs and wires. when taking the old ones out i seen alot of corrosion in the wires and tip of the plugs so i thought this is def the problem. nope....didnt fix it. found a hole in the bottom of my muffler. thought ok maybe that is messing with the back pressure....so bought a new muffler...didnt fix the problem. now im just lost. im thinking maybe a bad injector but not sure. my boss has a 08 yukon with the same motor and his idles at 800 rpms in drive....to where mine idles at 500 rpms in drive. im thinking the idle is just to low but you cant adjust it and the truck never stalls. was gonna try to clean the throttle body next but wanted to see what you guys thought first. 2 fill ups ago i added seafoam to my fuel and used super fuel and then last time i added some lucus injector cleaner with super again and still feels the same. the truck runs great but when at a red light or stop sign i just get worried that the problems gonna get worse. dont want to mess my baby up so please any insight would be very appreciated. thanks in advance.

TahoeLTZ2011

Reaction score
Hey 2007redltz, I have a 2011 LTZ and what you explained is the same thing on mines. I am new to this forum but I have seen two other posts regarding the tiny spudder every 20 seconds or so. No one seems to know what it is, or atleast I havent found the thread with the answer.

Sorry I wasnt able to help you but at least you know your not alone. Our quest continues.