Squeaky Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps here are now dipping into the 20's and 30's. About 3 days ago my drivers side window makes this horrible squeaking noise when I roll it up and down. More when going up. It sounds like it is the glass rubbing against the weather strips and not a motor (I hope). Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? I keep the truck spotless for the most part, so could the rubber strips just be dried out due to the washing it in the cold? Sounds minor, but it drives me absolutely crazy.

mrd74

Reaction score
I just started experiencing the same problem with my driver's window as well. 07 LTZ with 19k miles. Assuming it doesn't get worse I plan to have dealer look at next service visit.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here, on the drivers door of my Denali. Happens every blue moon. I exactly forgot to get it check when I went to the dealer a few weeks ago.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump...

I fogot to get this window checked. my fault!

Bookajoe

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my 07 Z71, It doesn't happen all the time,
but it is very annoying when it does.

Detroit Denali

Reaction score
Same Problem 08 Denali

WOW.. I'm glad I'm not crazy..

Took mine to the dealer and they told me it's the tinted windows.

I've had tinted windows on every car I've owned since I was 16 and never experienced this.

I've been debating taking the tint off and taking my car back in...

I've owned my truck for 2 years, but I'm at 40k miles. Do you think it's still covered?

CplJasonB

Reaction score
lmao i also have this problem, it just happens at times though mostly when rolling up the window(passenger side though)

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tint on all windows and it only happens on the driver's door. If it was the "tint" You would think it would happen on the others as well. FYI, I roll the front passenger window up & down about just as much as I do the drivers door.

I do notice that it does not squeak when the window is wet or damp(raining, rained or whet from washing).

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the same prob with mine, my sis and my bro's truck i have a 07 tahoe, they have suburbans it must be a defect with the car cuz i have tint and my sis doesnt...

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has nothing at all to do with the tint. It happens sometimes to the '07 Tahoe I use at work....no tints!
I have tints on my Yukon and have not had that problem......yet.

CodeB4U

Reaction score
actually, your GM tech should of seen there is a bulletin from GM about this issue.

It's covered under warranty, it's coming from the window regulator. You have to use GM superlube and lube up the window run channels. I like to lube up the weatherstrip where the window slides up and down also.

I like these, they pay good even under warranty.

If it keeps happening, just have them put a new window regulator in it. Make up a story saying at times it doesn't work going up and down and binds. Done-new window regulator with new engineer update.