Squealing belt when A/C turns on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue??? It happens about 5-10 seconds after I start the truck and sometimes it chirps/squeals for a split second and sometimes it squeals for 2-3 seconds (embarrassing). It definitely has something to do with the A/C cause it only does it when it kicks on.

I’m bringing it in on Monday to the dealer but curious if anyone else had the same issue. I am thinking it is either the belt tensioner or maybe having something to do with the A/C clutch….maybe locking up and making the belt slip. Any input?????

Tcwhite

Reaction score
I had a simalar problem withh my yukon. Everytime I started the car I would just hear a squeal and after the car got warm it would stop. I took it to the dealership and they found nothing wrong with it. I kept hearing the squeal and later on it would do while I accelerated. So second time I took it in they said that it was the serpentine belt and replaced it under warranty. I hope this helps!