stabilitrack, traction control, ABS light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbintx

Reaction score
Changed brake pads on all four wheels and changed rear shocks. Now stabilitrack, traction control shows needing service plus ABS light is on. What did I do?

907_smith

Reaction score
i would say you probably got air in the brake system or ran the brake fluid low enough to trip the system out. My wife's tahoe had all kinds of lights going off and messages popping up about a year ago. We took it in and they said it had a leaking caliper, two calipers and a master cylinder later they finally got the air out of the system and returned it to me with a 580 dollar bill that Chevrolet paid half of. Good luck.

adnan6801

Reaction score
Service Traction control , stabiltrack and engine light

hello every I recently bought a tahoe LT 2007
I did the car check up with a well known GM checking shop which costs around 90 $ (30 Kuwaiti dinar) everything was fine for 2 days until

I took it to the local carage shop and asked them for full service,they changed brake pads,spark plugs,oil filter,air filter,gear filter. Suddenly the next day it gave the message Service Traction control , stabiltrack and engine light ,

I took the car back to the carage they connected some OBD device of GM motors and removed the errors,and they told me that the cylinder number two has low pressure , and the light is on again with the service traction control message

should I take the cars to the cheverolet dealer ,will they fix it completely or they will also just remove the erroe and it will appear again ? suggestions please

Joe in T.O.

Reaction score
Good news! I called up Arnott Industries and they said it is quite common for a small wire (that is above the chassis to come undone) that controls all 3 symptoms. My brother and I noticed the wire when we had the shock removed but couldn't tell where it went. (I have the 07 Tahoe LTZ). I borrowed my wifes little makeup mirror to see where the plug goes into and was able to confirm location (slightly behind upper shock bracket and above chassis). I pushed plug forward along chassis and it went in - presto! Started truck to make sure and all codes were gone. The shocks I got were the Bilstein air shocks from Arnott and now that the rear is done, I am going to get the fronts as well. - The left front is squeaking.