Stay The F*CK away from wooddashexperts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khool750

Reaction score
:mad3::mad2: I ordered a dash kit for my 08 Tahoe Dec. the 6th last year, and it took a whole month to finally receive what has to be the biggest 2lb box of **** I have ever seen in my entire life. I mean we pay up-wards of 50k for these trucks, and want premium aftermarket accessories. Let me tell you the story. I decide that there is just too much woodgrain in this ride, and I really like the brushed nickle outlines on the vents. So I look around, and check this forum and eventually I'm directed to wooddashexperts. They have a satin nickle as one of their color options. I call them and talk for over 45 mins with the sales rep specifically about what I'm looking for. Giving her specific details and everything. She puts me on some kind of dual line call with Sherwood, which is suppose to be the manufacturer of the product. He assures me that this is an exact match and the new look would be very nice because I would probably never see anyone with the satin nickle in their tahoes. So I order this 200 buck kit, and sit and wait for a ****ing month. When it finally gets here, it's a box of ****. When I say ****, I mean ****. The 3-D molded pieces are the only pieces that were at most descent. The color was wrong, and they looked spray painted, like rattle can spray painted. And they were the wrong color, like a satin chrome or something, with some kind of gloss coating on it. I was like FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU. So then I get to the pieces that trim around the vents and dash and they are like those cheap ass stick on wood grain things you get from autozone or something only they were some kind of dirty silver. There is nothing in the truck that even comes close to looking like this. I mean I don't have pics, because I'm at work and I'm still steaming from this, but I'm going to post pics when I leave because you guys have to see this bull****. And you have to stay away from this company. I read their return policy, and went over it with the lady, she assured me that I could return it if I didn't like it and in their policy it says that last years models of 3-D molded pieces cannot be returned. I'm so ****ing mad, and I don't know if I will be able to return. Won't know till 9am when I can call and give them a piece of this hot ass rock that has been burning my ass all night. Chime in if you have experiences with these ****ers. I will keep you posted. :cuss::mad2:

eddiedav

Reaction score
Wow dude!! Sorry to hear about this! Best of luck and hopefully you can get your $$$ back!! Keep us posted for sure!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now we REALLY have to see pics! Get pics up as soon as you can!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let see the pic's! hopefully you'll get your money back...

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMFG, im really sorry about this man, but i was rolling in my seat laughing at the rant you ject went on!

But i have been here before, if they dont give you your money back, go to the Better Business Bureou and file a complaint on both that company and the manufacturer.... also, when you call them, just ask for the manager right off the bat.

If that doesn't do it for you, you can always mail them a bag of dog ****... hahaha...

sorry to hear dude, hope it all works out

BigDTahoe

Reaction score
If it's the wrong the color and is different from what they told you, I would dispute the payment and force them to take their sh*t back. Good Luck.

khool750

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will takes pics today when I get off. I'm going to take the pieces out and mock them up on the truck because you have to see how f*cked up these things look. Apparently they will refund my money but at a 20% cost to me for restocking. I'm going to post pics at around 2pm or 3 and I will look for some responses on how I should handle it, or if you guys have similar experiences or suggestions on how I could possibly change my trim to match the Satin nickle from GM that would be great. LOL. You should have heard how I gave the csr a piece of me. I wish I could have bought that stuff from a store. I would've been throwing boxes and kicking over displays if they had sold me some bs like that.:mad3::mad3::mad3:

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain man. I tried the same route, only with gray colored fake wood grain with the 3-d pieces and it took everything in my power to not HATE it. Actually, midway down the freeway I pulled off the ramp, into a parking lot, and ripped all the pieces off. :crazy: It was driving me up the wall that I could still see wood underneath and the gray looked sooo fake. SO, I got my pieces in painted black to match my exterior and it looks FANTASTIC. I will see if I can find the company. It was an exchange. They sent me the painted parts, and I sent back my wood ones. Easy as pie. I left the brushed look around the radio and the steering wheel. All the other wood trim is gone. LOVE IT! And I'm sorry about the experience, I know how it feels.

ozarkgolfer

Reaction score
I would think you would have cause to have all your money refunded as the items purchased:

"Intended purpose" means the use for which the device is intended according to the data supplied by the manufacturer on the labelling, in the instruction for use and/or in promotional materials.

According to the suppliers website....they advertise
"When you own a vehicle, you always want it to be at its best. And that takes more than just oil changes and the occasional car wash. You need more. Wood dash kits bring out the luxurious potential every car, truck, or SUV has, but we don’t stop there....."

The intended purpose according to their promotional advertising is to enhance the buyer's vehicle. Your arguement is they do not.

However, if you just want to get back as much as possible, I would first get your 80% back and then go for your other 20%. You could spend much more fighting this, but that's up to you. Of course, if you blacken their name and product on websites, you will be getting your pound of flesh.

One other option...these guys probably do not make these themselves. You could take the slant that woodview should really look at what it is they are trying to sell - their supplier is obviously shipping them junk and they are passing that same junk on to you. They probably don't even see every item they ship.

I am sure a few of us could send emails to these guys saying we were comnsidering their product but have heard it is substandard and they don't back their product - could they comment...that's the power of a forum like this.

Your dime and your call.

khool750

Reaction score
I would think you would have cause to have all your money refunded as the items purchased:

"Intended purpose" means the use for which the device is intended according to the data supplied by the manufacturer on the labelling, in the instruction for use and/or in promotional materials.

According to the suppliers website....they advertise
"When you own a vehicle, you always want it to be at its best. And that takes more than just oil changes and the occasional car wash. You need more. Wood dash kits bring out the luxurious potential every car, truck, or SUV has, but we don’t stop there....."

The intended purpose according to their promotional advertising is to enhance the buyer's vehicle. Your arguement is they do not.

However, if you just want to get back as much as possible, I would first get your 80% back and then go for your other 20%. You could spend much more fighting this, but that's up to you. Of course, if you blacken their name and product on websites, you will be getting your pound of flesh.

One other option...these guys probably do not make these themselves. You could take the slant that woodview should really look at what it is they are trying to sell - their supplier is obviously shipping them junk and they are passing that same junk on to you. They probably don't even see every item they ship.

I am sure a few of us could send emails to these guys saying we were comnsidering their product but have heard it is substandard and they don't back their product - could they comment...that's the power of a forum like this.

Your dime and your call.

I tell you what, I like how you are talking. I would like that. There was another guy on here that suggested I send my stuff off to be refinished, and I like that idea a lot, and should have done it in the first place. But I want to black ball these guys hard because you just don't feel my pain man. Just wait, I'm leaving work in about 30 mins, and I'm going to take a bunch of pics and post, so you can see just how ****ty this kit is. And I want to say this too, I don't speak for the company's other products, but I do know that we owners of these trucks love our trucks, and most if not all are not to fond of the wood grain, but it's not in anyway autozone quality. I mean it's classy in its own way. My experience with these guys, and this 20% and they time it took to get the product and everything else, leaves me with a pissy old toe nail taste in my mouth, and I just really want to go kick some of there **** over and smack a few of them in the face. LOL. I'm still as pissed as I was yesterday and I have to get this off my chest. I'm for anything that can get these guys to do something honorable. Hell, the guy on the phone told me that they never garuantee a factory match or anything close, lol. wtf?:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

khool750

Reaction score
LVYUKYUK sent me to http://www.autodynamicswest.com/index.html and I just got off the phone with this guy. It's actually a really cool sounding deal so far. I paid 200 bucks for some stick on crappy trim pieces. I think it was an 8 piece kit. This guy Greg is going to do 8 pieces refinished for 438 shipped. This will include the spokes on the truck steering wheel also. Seems pretty cool, and he told me that if I wanted to replace the trim around the vents, it's just be a little more. It just sucks a little that I have to go through this stuff with these other guys. I'm telling you, When I put these pics up, you guys are going to fall out laughing, and just imagine driving your beautiful truck somewhere and someone getting in to ride, and seeing this ****, lol. Wow.

peetah

Reaction score
LVYUKYUK sent me to http://www.autodynamicswest.com/index.html and I just got off the phone with this guy. It's actually a really cool sounding deal so far. I paid 200 bucks for some stick on crappy trim pieces. I think it was an 8 piece kit. This guy Greg is going to do 8 pieces refinished for 438 shipped. This will include the spokes on the truck steering wheel also. Seems pretty cool, and he told me that if I wanted to replace the trim around the vents, it's just be a little more. It just sucks a little that I have to go through this stuff with these other guys. I'm telling you, When I put these pics up, you guys are going to fall out laughing, and just imagine driving your beautiful truck somewhere and someone getting in to ride, and seeing this ****, lol. Wow.

I can vouch for Greg at Autodynamicswest. I had his kit done on my Yukon. You can see it on his webite. It is the Carbon Fiber kit (I believe 15 pieces in all). Product is great although the price is high and turnaround time is about a month. Remember though: you get what you pay for. This isn't a cheap ebay stick-on kit. These pieces are dipped/refinished. Call him and tell him Pete in CA sent you.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude whoever you talked to from AutoAnything is an idiot.
I ordered Sherwood Dask kits 3D peices for my steering wheel from Autoanything on the Dec.19 and got it on Dec.25. They are BRUSHED ALUMINUM and match perfect, after looking at pics of brush aluminum online I knew it would. Make those idiots give you your money back ASAP.
Look at my pic.

Attachments

• GEDC0522.jpg
    GEDC0522.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 61

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will takes pics today when I get off. I'm going to take the pieces out and mock them up on the truck because you have to see how f*cked up these things look. Apparently they will refund my money but at a 20% cost to me for restocking. I'm going to post pics at around 2pm or 3 and I will look for some responses on how I should handle it, or if you guys have similar experiences or suggestions on how I could possibly change my trim to match the Satin nickle from GM that would be great. LOL. You should have heard how I gave the csr a piece of me. I wish I could have bought that stuff from a store. I would've been throwing boxes and kicking over displays if they had sold me some bs like that.:mad3::mad3::mad3:

damn dude I would love to go with you to return stuff LOL. You got ballz. Sometimes you need them though to get through idiots heads.

khool750

Reaction score
Dude whoever you talked to from AutoAnything is an idiot.
I ordered Sherwood Dask kits 3D peices for my steering wheel from Autoanything on the Dec.19 and got it on Dec.25. They are BRUSHED ALUMINUM and match perfect, after looking at pics of brush aluminum online I knew it would. Make those idiots give you your money back ASAP.
Look at my pic.

Well I'm sure that it worked out for you. Like I said though, the 3-D pieces were moderate at best for me because of what I was promised. If you saw something and bought it and it matched, I would say that is good, but you have to check out the pics. I just don't want to settle for what they sent me. I got the 3-D pieces as well as some flat bs overlays. Just look at these pics and you tell me what you think about them.

Attachments

• 1 Kit.jpg
    1 Kit.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 37
  • dash close up.jpg
    dash close up.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 33
  • dash trim.jpg
    dash trim.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 35
  • dash trim 2.jpg
    dash trim 2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 31
  • door trim.jpg
    door trim.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40

khool750

Reaction score
:mad2::mad2::mad2:and the last!

Attachments

• kit close up.jpg
    kit close up.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 16
  • kit close up 2.jpg
    kit close up 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Steering trim.jpg
    Steering trim.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 36
  • wheel trim kit.jpg
    wheel trim kit.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 12

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad2::mad2::mad2:and the last!

The pieces really sit up that high off of everything? Wow. If that's true (I'm sure the pictures don't lie), then that's a disgrace. Keep us posted!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your money back because that crap is BS, my kit actually sits flush with the steering wheel and is a precise match.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they took original parts and a silver can of spray paint and went to town, bending some of them in the process. High quality...