Steering wheel off centered..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i've come to notice that my steering wheel itself is off of alignment. for example to drive straight, you must have the wheel slightly turned to the left -- maybe at 11 o'clock. the car drives straight none the less, so it does not seem as it is a tire alignment issue.

has this happened to anyone else? is this something i can remedy, or should i take her into the stealership?

thanks in advance.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like its alright but your def. off alignment and that's not coverd under dealer warranty. Take it to any alignment shop like Firestone Car Care and they will do it for you

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats your alignment - usually this happens if you get new tires (sometimes), lift, leveling kit or some modification to the front end, or if you go too fast over speed bumps or miatas...

but take it to a local tire shop and they should be able to do it for 65-75 bones

you need to get this done b/c it is going to wear your tires out quicker and in weird spots.

a test to see if your tires are already wearing funny is to stick your hand in the wheel well, run your hand from front to back of the tire, then do it to the rear tire (make sense?) anyway if the front feels "rough" or rougher than the back then the tires are not wearing correctly

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, you are supposed to get one free alignment check. At least that's what my dealer said and did.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i'm out of warranty.. i just hit 51k.. i'm just gonna get some new rubber on the stock rims and get an alignment and all that jazz.

now i've gotta find where to get the rims i've picked out..

melroy

Reaction score
so i've come to notice that my steering wheel itself is off of alignment. for example to drive straight, you must have the wheel slightly turned to the left -- maybe at 11 o'clock. the car drives straight none the less, so it does not seem as it is a tire alignment issue.

has this happened to anyone else? is this something i can remedy, or should i take her into the stealership?

thanks in advance.

my 08 tahoe is doing the same thing. I have 9500 or so miles on it. It has been like that from brand new. I took it to two different GM dealerships and they said it's the arch in the road ( so rain can run off)causing it to have the wheel slightly to the left. The vehicle drives perfectly straight but the wheel is off. its annoying. Gm will only honor their factory alignment to 4500 miles if bought new. We have some pretty big potholes here in wisconsin. I try to avoid as much as possible. I guess i'll wait to spring to see if she's outta wack.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do it on flat surfaces w/o a crown like a parking lot? If it does, then you need an alignment and be sure to tell them to center the steering wheel. A good shop should do that anyway but doesn't hurt to ask.