Stereo, Steering Wheel lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk00ss

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. My wife has an 05 Tahoe. We bought it with roughly 40K. Since the day we have bought it, we have lights that are burned out. Some are on the CD player (it has the Bose system single disc) and also I believe we have 1 out on the steering wheel. Is this a common issue, is there a way to fix it, could it be a fuse issue or something. Any help is appreciated, it drives me nuts when driving at night. Its not all the lights, for instance, the power button on the deck is out.

mk_3

Reaction score
LOL I spent most of today searching the internet for just the same thing! There are about .5 million leads out there on this and other lights-out problems on the Tahoe. Most of mine in my wheel have been out for a while and based on how much work to replace I really am ok with it. It really does look simple but some recommend pulling the airbag since the wires are short and I'm not really interested in that. Checkout out youtube for some good how to videos.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Yes, there is a fix, I have actually known guys replacing the little bulbs with leds for looks. The air bag removal is fairly simple. The radio however is a little harder because you have to pull it and disassemble the radio to replace the bulbs.

blk00ss

Reaction score
eeek, thanks for the response guys. not real sure I want to deal with all of that. I will however check youtube to see how in depth. I hate messing with anything related to the air bag