Stock Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That location would work...you will need to do some custom fabrication work. Also, insure you use some sort of sound deadening material while you have it all apart. It makes such a huge difference.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Dyno Mat. Does that go on just like the plastic is now? Or on the inside? I need to find the knock off stuff, better on my pockets.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno Mat is my fav as well. I installed it both, inside the doors and the outside (where the plastic is), it sounds increadible. You can find Dyno Mat pretty cheap online. I found a whole box for under $100 and it was enough to cover my whole Yukon, the doors, tailgate and floors.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put some 5x7 i had laying around in the barn doors. you will have to cut
some metal i used some scrap vinly sheeting to make a encloser for them.

i used my heat gun to curve the pieces and caulk the seams then a 1/2
plywood baffle for the speakers.
worked out real good. I peeled the carpet off and then cut the holes in the
panel for the sound to come through and then glued carpet back.

you don`t know the speakers are there until they are playing.

i just open the barn doors put a movie in get the lawn chairs (like the drive in)

pics!!!!

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 11

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a cool customization on the back door. it looks invisible.

Does anything protect the face of the speaker once the lower carpet is on? or do you have to be careful with it? Like, if you closed the door on something that wasnt behind the "fill line", could the speaker get damaged thru the carpet?

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. Looks like some trim work will be nessasary on the lower end of the opening. That plastic trim around the window would have stumped me for a couple seconds. Nothing a cut off wheel can't take care of. And what size speaker is that?

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no there not protected but the carpet is strong enough and they are up
high enough so nothing won`t poke them. i`m careful how i put tools
and other things in it.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is 6x8 i think the 6x9 mounting depth is to big to fit if you want to build
a encloser for them. these have enough sound output to keep up with the subs when i have the doors open. AND one more thing you will never get

good sounds from the rear ceiling 4x10 the space behind the are not sealed
at all the head liner is open up there and their not separated either.

but just for rearfill sound it will do.
so don`t spend a lot of money on the 4x10`s or 6x9 unless your going to
do a separated encloser up in the ceiling. lot of work!!!

KJLegend

Reaction score
What I did was put 2 6x9's in the rear... I had to jimmy rig it but it worked great... If you just remove the stock 4x10's then remove the mounting plate you can place the 6x9 in place then hold it up with the bracket mount. My infinity 6x9's have a hard plastic lining around so it raises it up 1/4 inch or so. But it did work if you dont want to cut the stock bracket to mount 6x9s.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would cut the 4x10 bracket if I was to install in the ceiling. Like GLC said. There will be a loss of sound with it traviling all through the head liner. You can seal off a barn door and get 10 times better sound. If anything I would get get a 4x10 with good highs or just a tweeter and put up there. I'm really gonna study my door and see what I can come up with.

Hey does anyone know if those front stock tweets have like a built in crossover? That thing on the back of them?? IDK