!?! Strange noises !?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akjuliens

Reaction score
This is going to sound strange it self.....When I was sitting in the Tahoe waiting for the wife to get off work I had all the power off (Key in the off position) car was totally quiet, windows up. I turned the key to acc to turn on the radio and after a few minutes I thought I could hear the cd player spin up. It has not worked in a year. I couldn't pinpoint where the noise was coming from but it's in the vicinity of the cd player. I put my hand on the under side of the dash and I could feel a slight vibration!? So I turned the key to the off position and the noise stopped. I waited a few minutes turned it back on and I didn't hear it for a couple of minutes then it came on again!! there is no disc in the player. What gives? I have never herd it before that day!

jtcarline

Reaction score
I have experienced the same noise. I have a 08 Yukon and when I turn the radio off the noise goes away. Sounds like a fan stopping. The noise is not constant, it comes and goes.

akjuliens

Reaction score
Strange....

I have experienced the same noise. I have a 08 Yukon and when I turn the radio off the noise goes away. Sounds like a fan stopping. The noise is not constant, it comes and goes.

Exactly! But with our Tahoe the key in the acc position and radio off I still hear it. We have owned the car for 4 years and that was the first time I have ever noticed it. Weird......

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound strange it self.....When I was sitting in the Tahoe waiting for the wife to get off work I had all the power off (Key in the off position) car was totally quiet, windows up. I turned the key to acc to turn on the radio and after a few minutes I thought I could hear the cd player spin up. It has not worked in a year. I couldn't pinpoint where the noise was coming from but it's in the vicinity of the cd player. I put my hand on the under side of the dash and I could feel a slight vibration!? So I turned the key to the off position and the noise stopped. I waited a few minutes turned it back on and I didn't hear it for a couple of minutes then it came on again!! there is no disc in the player. What gives? I have never herd it before that day!

Do you have navigation? Sometimes the nav disc will make weird noises spinning up even with key off.

akjuliens

Reaction score
No Nav, It's a 99. It's not a parasitic drain on the battery or anything like that. It's just driving me nuts because It never did it before and I don't know what it is. Thank you for the reply.

jtcarline

Reaction score
I just got my Yukon back from the shop and they told me that my radio was overheating. They ordered me a new one. I will soon see if that was the cause to my noise.