Strange sound at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gprran-1

Reaction score
After my Tahoe has been sitting all day (in the hot Florida sun), it sometimes makes a loud sound when I start it. The noise is comming from the engine area. I almost sounds like one of the fans is hitting the plastic housing around it. It is like a fast "tat tat tat tat tat" sound, it does it for about 2-3 seconds. I did check the area around the fan, did not see any damage. I also checked the belts, they seem to be okay as well. I could take it to the dealer, however it only does it when the vehicle has been sitting all day. When I first start it in the am, it does not do it. Thanks for any input, Bill.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my Tahoe has been sitting all day (in the hot Florida sun), it sometimes makes a loud sound when I start it. The noise is comming from the engine area. I almost sounds like one of the fans is hitting the plastic housing around it. It is like a fast "tat tat tat tat tat" sound, it does it for about 2-3 seconds. I did check the area around the fan, did not see any damage. I also checked the belts, they seem to be okay as well. I could take it to the dealer, however it only does it when the vehicle has been sitting all day. When I first start it in the am, it does not do it. Thanks for any input, Bill.

This has been a problem for some and the dealers are seeing more and more people experiencing this. I posted this in another forum and got it resolved. Read through it and I did post the bulletin # towards the end of the thread. It's basically an upgrade to the ECM. Good luck

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_67906/tm.htm

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the listing and this is it:

bulletin 07-01-38-010 for a/c squealing at startup. Mine does it when it is really hot outside.