suspension???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's everyone?
Is it just me or the hoes suspension is too wooby, too soft? Would like to make it sportier without lowering it. I do not have autoride.
Does anyone know where to find gas charged shocks for a tahoe? Bilstein, Rancho, something alike. Also would like to replace both sway bars. Which is better, eibach $350 or hotchkis $550 :confused: . The hotchkis are hollow which would help a bit with keeping the weight down. thanx in advance.:thumbsup:

Robert

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the hotchkis with 2" leveling kit in front and 1" lift in the rear. The new bars flatten the truck out much better than I expected. I would bet any Eibach people would tell you the same thing though. To me, the investment was night and day and well worth it.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's everyone?
Is it just me or the hoes suspension is too wooby, too soft? Would like to make it sportier without lowering it. I do not have autoride.
Does anyone know where to find gas charged shocks for a tahoe? Bilstein, Rancho, something alike. Also would like to replace both sway bars. Which is better, eibach $350 or hotchkis $550 :confused: . The hotchkis are hollow which would help a bit with keeping the weight down. thanx in advance.:thumbsup:

Robert

I get all my suspension stuff at www.4wheelparts.com, they have a bunch of gas charged shocks on there, but I'm not sure if they have sway bars, never looked... Anyway they have pretty much anything that has to do with suspension on there so you should have good luck finding what you need. Good Luck :Chevy:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to worry . . .

A 5,500 lb truck and you're worried about a couple of pounds diff. between hollow and solid bars? Doubt you'll notice.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx 73shark. Dont know how much weigh that would save, 10 lb each maybe less, but I do know that when talking about unsprung weight, even 10 lb can make a big diference in handling and confort.
Im no expert tough, and dont even know if the sway bars are unsprung weight.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about reducing unsprung weight however since the bars are mounted to the frame, they are sprung.