Tahoe seats vs. Yukon seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

When I bought my '02 Tahoe (in '02), I really didn't know that there was a difference in the quality of the seats between it at the Yukon. After being in my buddy's Yukon a couple times, the difference was pretty obvious. My question is this: In the new body styles, are the seats in the Yukon still a better quality than those in the Tahoe?

I like the styling of the Tahoe much more than the Yukon -- but, in the previous BS at least, the seats were much nicer in the Yukon. What's the consensus on the current models seats comparison?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't really be any different unless your friend had a Denali. Also, what year was your friends Yukon? I believe GM changed the seat design in '03, so that could be why you noticed a difference if he had an '03 and up.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
My parents' friends have a new Denali, and the only thing I could tell was different were the leather door panels [seeing as my Tahoe has plastic]. I wasn't in it for long but that's all I noticed, anyway. I've also been in my aunt's new Sierra [crewcab, so same interior basically] and her friend's 07 Yukon and still, no difference that I could tell.

Although, the leather may be different on the Z71 Tahoes, since they have 2-toned seats.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. Yes, his is newer than mine. Seems that his bolstering is much thicker, as though the entire seat is stuffed firmer, offering better overall support and feel.

I didn't know whether the Yukon seats were supposed to be better overall or not. Sounds like not!

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My belief is that they are the same, Tahoe vs. Yukon, and don't know but maybe Denali is more "supple", and Z71 should be just like regular as the insert is taken from that color of regular seat.

**Of course I'm speaking of '07+, just realized the thread is about an earlier year.

Last edited:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 Suburban
cea9_4.JPG

03 Suburban
54.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**Of course I'm speaking of '07+, just realized the thread is about an earlier year.

No, you're right on. This thread IS about the current body style seats. I simply asked the question based on my knowledge of the previous body style only. So, thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 Suburban
cea9_4.JPG

03 Suburban
54.jpg

PMD -- Thanks! That says it all. I had no idea they improved the seats the year after my model year. What a difference!

Glad to hear that the seats are the same. Looks like they're going to be lightyears better than my '02 seats (which are just fine -- until you make the comparison).

/< / /2 /<

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you're right on. This thread IS about the current body style seats. I simply asked the question based on my knowledge of the previous body style only. So, thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

No problem, yeah I just looked again and saw that.

Man though, those 02 seats sure do look comfy, so it's that the 03+ is firmer and more supportive then? Because the 02 one looks like it could double as a bed.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
No problem, yeah I just looked again and saw that.

Man though, those 02 seats sure do look comfy, so it's that the 03+ is firmer and more supportive then? Because the 02 one looks like it could double as a bed.

They are :p
When I drive our "new" '02 around, I'll lean back on it, turn on the AC, and kick in the heated seats. I don't really like the looks of the 2000-2002 interior, but they are definitely more enjoyable to be in than the newer firmer seats in the 2003-2006 models.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of seats, I've found out that the 2nd row bucket seats on my old '03 Burban were much more comfortable, as far as reclining goes, than the second row buckets on my '09. Also, I know my '03 suburban had reclining second row but I think GM did away with it in 05.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of seats, I've found out that the 2nd row bucket seats on my old '03 Burban were much more comfortable, as far as reclining goes, than the second row buckets on my '09. Also, I know my '03 suburban had reclining second row but I think GM did away with it in 05.

The current body style isn't nearly as comfortable in any aspect as the OBS, but thats just my opinion. The 00-02 is more comfortable, but I like the looks of the 03-06 a hundred times better.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current body style isn't nearly as comfortable in any aspect as the OBS, but thats just my opinion. The 00-02 is more comfortable, but I like the looks of the 03-06 a hundred times better.

i tell ya my 06 seats blew the pants off in comfort then my new one. But my new one has alot more support that stops me from getting a sharp pain up my back when i sit for long times.