Tahoe with 175k, what you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a 2000.5 Tahoe LT for sale. Looks very clean. All but driver's seat leather a bit worn out. Rest of truck is clean and straight. Has 175k miles on the 5.3. Wants $3995. What do you guys think? Jump on it or pass? It's at a dealer. Was a trade in.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the trans. if the trans is ok then it should be an alright truck. good price too.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could check it, but it's out of state. Trying to grill the dealer right now for info (am hoping he's being honest). Say's truck has no shifting problems, runs tight and should make the trip back (about 550 miles).

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sems like a good price if the only drawback is the mileage. be careful with dealers. they'll say anything to get a sale about now...

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
If it's at a place where you cant hop in your ride to go take a look at it, it's not worth it. The salesperson will tell you anything to get your butt in the dealer and chances are he knows snot about vehicles.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it looks good, sounds like a buy if clean...a rebuilt tranny will cost about $800+, if it's never been touched.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I bought the Tahoe. I picked it up this morning for $3700, and it did great on the 550 mile drive home. There are a cpl minor things I will have to fix. The window switches on driver's door are sunk in (I'll try 2 get pics), the leather on driver's side is pretty worn on the outter edge, and I want to put stock wheels back on it. Other than that and the miles, it's REALLY clean. No dents, no rust, paint and interior are super clean. I will have lot's of other questions on how to keep this baby running smooth. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited: