Temperature Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed last night that my temperature control is either full hot or cold. No in between! I have an '02 LT with the Automatic Climate Control, and when I try to pick a temperature in between, it just comes out cold. But, if I turn the temp all the way until it clicks in the red, it's nice & hot. But then the truck got too hot, way too fast!

Does anyone have any ideas what the deal is? I'm hoping that whatever it is, it won't be too expensive!

Thanks in advance!
– Mike

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here buddy. It kinda frustrating but I've gotten used to it. No idea if this common or if we are the only 2 with this problem.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
My guess is the head unit. If not then there could be some sort of issue with resistance causing the blend door to either open too much or close too much for a particlular temp setting.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the digital display or the 3 knobs? if you have the knobs, are both the fan and vent knobs on auto? i figured mine was goofy cause i kept it on the mid-level vent and my temp control never worked, turns out i was using it wrong, lol.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the digital display or the 3 knobs? if you have the knobs, are both the fan and vent knobs on auto? i figured mine was goofy cause i kept it on the mid-level vent and my temp control never worked, turns out i was using it wrong, lol.

I have the three knobs. And I've fiddled with them all, and the only way to get heat is to turn the middle one all the way to the right, until it clicks into the red zone. And I have to constantly change the left one to adjust the fan speed, because it'll got way too hot so I'll have to turn it off only to get cold again and have to turn it back on. I've started leaving it on and driving with my window down, but that's not fun if there are other people in the car.

Medicaldawg

Reaction score
just replaced my blend door acctuator. DIdnt have this problem before but now i do. From my research it the head unit needing calibration. there are several techs for this procedure.