The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_smiles

Reaction score
99 hoe 2dr 4x4 LT

70,300 miles

Runs relatively well. better than my 97 yukon 2dr 4x4 did.

mattyserz

Reaction score
2000 w/ 229,000 and counting

229,000 and counting on my 2000. My daily. Original motor, previous owner made it seem like he took care of it. Cosmetically he did, after I purchased went through did full tune up, breaks, plugs, wires, ect. Had original factory plugs still in. Oil was about 10,000 over due (maybe a little exaggeration, but it was almost black. Had to replace driver and passenger wheel hubs, cv axel on passenger, front dshaft U joints. Also put on a performance exhaust and CIA planning on rebuilding when she dies so didn't worry about what the effect of a couple add-ons would do. So far so good, nothing major yet. Recently the Cats went bad, while replacing a mouse nest fell out between manifold and cat on passenger side (no clue how the truck ran just fine). Transmission was rebuilt by previous owner supposedly at 180,000. I don't think it was. Fluid was horrible as well. Other than the stuff mentioned it's a beast, fires up, runs like new, minus the typical vortec tick the first minute on a cold start. I love it, it's my baby.

hysub10

Reaction score
Original owner 2001 Tahoe, 4x4, 209,000 miles, replaced transmission last week, replaced water pump at 195,000, ignition switch 3 years ago. Other than that, regular maintenance - tires, brakes, battery, etc. Ignition switch went out 3 years agoOriginal engine still running strong - good oil pressure, mileage still decent although have to add a quart of oil every other month or so. Paint is even holding up pretty well - never been garage kept.

rclc

Reaction score
rclc

Have 165k on my 01, still runs well but now need to do some supension changes like pitman arm and shocks.

fuchi tahoe

Reaction score
2007 LT with 170700 miles still running strong only thing is my clear coat on my paint is starting to fade or wear off.

willylama

Reaction score
2004 tahoe

My 2004 tahoe has 181859 miles and is still doing great. Only owner and regular oil changes and everthing.

sailormedic

Reaction score
99 LT with 223,993 miles. No leaks. Had a ABS LOCK light on the dash when I got it but was crawling under it one day and discovered a broken wire behind motor going from left to right and repaired it. Light disappeared. Appeared to have gotten snagged on something the previous owner drove over. Only trouble I have is both front doors don't open from inside.

Texaschevy12

Reaction score
I have almost 173,000 miles on my 99 Tahoe. Engine runs great (no check engine light)just has a few problems which hopefully will be minor. It's shakes when I go over 60 mph. I'm thinkin I just need my wheels rebalanced and an alignment. The other problem is I've driven almost 100 miles in the past week and went to put gas in and it stopped just over 3 gallons and gushed a little gas out so it was defiantly full or sure did act like it. I'm just confused I'm either getting great gas milage (mostly highway miles)or I might have a fuel problem. I do have the vibrating needle and it's been stuck just over full. I'm waiting to get an ultra gauge to see if it's my sending unit or just the gauge motor. Best case senario is I'm getting great gas milage and the gauge motor is faulty. I probably should of posted this on another thread but thought it was fitting. I hope I can get some help!

bill77056

Reaction score
Hi Texas...

My 05 Tahoe will always hold another 1.5-gal after the pump auto shuts off.

My gas mileage is mostly constant, 15 mpg - maybe 14 sometime and 16 some time. Mileage now 103K.

Bill

audioactivekat

Reaction score
08 Tahoe with 168K and it was pretty well kept. Just got it and I love it, though I see a driver side mount that needs replacing.

koolaid

Reaction score
07 LTZ with 131,000 on the clock. New Arnott air ride compressor, New Tccm, and K&N air filter. 15.8 mpg average and no major problems yet... (knocking on wood)

Vineli

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe

172,000 miles,no major work at all. Driving it till it gives up.

Texaschevy12

Reaction score
Hi Texas...

My 05 Tahoe will always hold another 1.5-gal after the pump auto shuts off.

My gas mileage is mostly constant, 15 mpg - maybe 14 sometime and 16 some time. Mileage now 103K.

Bill

Hi Bill, When the auto shut off starts and I pump more gas it gushes out . What I think happened is I assume I'm getting 12 mpg to be conservative but probably getting more mpg than I think and when I think I'm empty I fill up again. So I probably haven't been empty all the times I have filled up and it's just accumulated. Another thing that I think happened is awhile back my truck ran in limp mode due to a faulty shift solenoid and after I replaced it my truck slowly but surely adjusted. I'm not gunna worry about it until I run out of gas.(knock on wood)

Texaschevy12

Reaction score
Have a 99 LT with 185k, probably 65k pulling a travel trailer. Have to say all in all I have had good luck so far. Repairs I can remember are 1 water pump. 2 fuel pumps.Distributor gear replaced,and throttle body cleaned. Changed plugs, wires, cap, and rotor at 140k and plugs looked like they could have lasted longer. plan on keeping it "til she blows.

Hi Dan, have you considered doing the throttle body mod? I heard it helps out a bunch with towing. Apparently you can get an extra 1 mpg and 2 extra hp from what I've heard. Everyone that does it notices a difference. I'm gunna try it next time I goto the graveyard to pick up another throttle body butterfly so I don't have to worry bout messin up the stock one.

blick

Reaction score
My 05 has 106,000 on it and I absolutely hate it. It's comfortable and all that jazz, but I've put more time and money into it than I have any other vehicle I've ever owned.
Rear A/C broke
Oil pressure sending unit
4wd, new x fer case, new shift motor, two new modules, and still broke
airbag light on
Abs braking system errors so I pulled the fuse so it will at least stop now
Last week I started losing all power so I climb hills at 20 mph now
new fuel pump cause the 3 inch metal line rotted
Beyond that....it's a great vehicle. ....I will never own another!

tahoedriver

Reaction score
My 2005 now has 260K and still runs like a charm. Use MOA and 44K at every oil change.

Tims 97

Reaction score
I'm getting roughly 17. Mpg but I do almost all highway I get right around 15 in town my mileage is currently on 146,xxx in my 97 Tahoe LS I purchased maybe a month ago haven't had it long but I'm loving it been very well taken care of