Thermometer displaying "OC" instead of Temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasv8

Reaction score
My thermometer display on my rear view mirror is displaying OC instead of the outside temperature.Has anybody had this problem before?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be your Ambient Air Temperture Sensor which is usually located behind the grill near or on the radiator mount. There is a testing procedure to diagnose the sensor but you will need some tools like a DMM and jumpers etc. just let me know and I can post the info.

texasv8

Reaction score
It could be your Ambient Air Temperture Sensor which is usually located behind the grill near or on the radiator mount. There is a testing procedure to diagnose the sensor but you will need some tools like a DMM and jumpers etc. just let me know and I can post the info.

I currently own a Multimeter.What are we checking for, ohms?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes at the Sensor. I have the tables where they should be to get a correct reading. Ill post it when I get home. I dont have the info here on my work Desktop.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised here are the readings you should have at the sensor when testing.

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 15