Thinking about buying a 07-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drecoop757

Reaction score
I am in the market for a tahoe Yukon or escalade with leather I wanted to know at what mileage should I avoid, common problems, is a warranty a must l,and what are some prices that you have seen in my area Hampton roads va I see them for around 24k

PACABADA

Reaction score
tahoe

I would first decide what model you would like LT or LTZ. The LTZ has the Z 55 Auto ride suspension which is nice until it comes time for strut replacement. Although GM offers a lifetime guarantee on the replacements. Front struts will run over a 1000 dollars installed. Food for thought.

Paul
07 LTZ

Kunihiro

Reaction score
I agree, do your research and decide what model best fits your needs.

I have a 2008 Tahoe - LT, not my daily driver as I basically drive it for long distance driving and when I need to transport larger items.

There's not a ton of electronics on it, so personally, I did not get any extended warranty.

I just bought a '09 Vette and drive it as my DD. It has a ton of electronics on it, so I did buy an extended warranty.

I don't really have a lot of experiences with the LTZ, which is the top model. If the Z55 auto ride suspension is an equivalent to the F55 option in my Vette, it is very expensive to replace. If the system goes out in my Vette, it's roughly around $3K to replace This option is commonly known as the "Magnetic Selective Ride Control System" or MSRC.

Here is a short explanation of the Z55 option, taken from this forum;

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3806