Thinking about selling the Denali...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm considering selling my truck. I'm not going to get into all the details of why, and it is a painful thing for me to consider as much as we all like this thing. Bottom line is I think I'd rather use an asset towards canceling out a large liability, and save up and pay cash again for a new truck in a year or two, without any liabilities. Suffer a little now to prosper a lot later.

Two questions:

1) Kelley Blue Book is almost 44K, so do I try to include the extras (see my sig below) on top of that cost and sell them with the vehicle?

2) Or, do I return everything to stock, and unload the individual items to recoup some of the costs?

I know many of you will think I'm crazy, and frankly I don't really care if you think that. Just looking for some advice on the best way to unload this sweet vehicle if I decide to do this...

Thanks!

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think to actually get your money out of the items, you will have to sell them individually. Most people don't care that much about add ons and won't pay that much more for a truck that has some accessories on it. If it is worth it to you to disassemble your truck, then take it apart and sell the individual pieces as I think you will make a little bit more but probably not much. The problem being that when you customize a truck you do it to your taste and it might be hard to find someone that has the same taste as you. You have done you truck up in a very tasteful manner, so you might be able to find someone to pay over what blue book is for the extras. Good luck and if you decide to sell the accessories, I'll take the HID fogs!!!

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think to actually get your money out of the items, you will have to sell them individually. Most people don't care that much about add ons and won't pay that much more for a truck that has some accessories on it. If it is worth it to you to disassemble your truck, then take it apart and sell the individual pieces as I think you will make a little bit more but probably not much. The problem being that when you customize a truck you do it to your taste and it might be hard to find someone that has the same taste as you. You have done you truck up in a very tasteful manner, so you might be able to find someone to pay over what blue book is for the extras.

^ +1

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm considering selling my truck. I'm not going to get into all the details of why, and it is a painful thing for me to consider as much as we all like this thing. Bottom line is I think I'd rather use an asset towards canceling out a large liability, and save up and pay cash again for a new truck in a year or two, without any liabilities. Suffer a little now to prosper a lot later.

Two questions:

1) Kelley Blue Book is almost 44K, so do I try to include the extras (see my sig below) on top of that cost and sell them with the vehicle?

2) Or, do I return everything to stock, and unload the individual items to recoup some of the costs?

I know many of you will think I'm crazy, and frankly I don't really care if you think that. Just looking for some advice on the best way to unload this sweet vehicle if I decide to do this...

Thanks!

to unload it, you know i have been looking for one. if you price it right and i can scroung up money i will, i love all the things you have done to it and if your anything like me, i know you treat it well.

but let me offer you some selling advice.

1. make is special, ie if you want it to sell fast, keep SOME of the accessorys on there, not all, but make it like i can get this stock 07 denali for 45k, but i can get this 07 denail with a programmer, and hid lights for the same price. or what ever you decide to keep on it.

2. keep in mind the market is slow for EVERYTHING. price it right. or it will become a WHY WONT MY TRUCK SELL, WHATS WRONG WITH IT, kind of thing.

3. im sorry to see you sell it, but i respect the reason you are selling it for. money $$$$

4. keep in mind your friend down in va beach who may want to buy a new truck to go along with his 06 one. :D

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another plan . . .

You might try pricing it w/ the mods for a week or two and see if you get any nibbles. If not, then you can remove and drop the price.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it..

It's great to be able to own your vehicle for cash.. However, having a payment isn't that big of a deal if you know how to manage your debt. Paying cash for everything will not give you certain tax advantages that are available to you. I wish you well in deciding the trucks fate...as well as yours.

If it were me, I'd keep it. By selling the truck you are taking another loss that will result in an even greater overall liability..

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great to be able to own your vehicle for cash.. However, having a payment isn't that big of a deal if you know how to manage your debt. Paying cash for everything will not give you certain tax advantages that are available to you. I wish you well in deciding the trucks fate...as well as yours.

If it were me, I'd keep it. By selling the truck you are taking another loss that will result in an even greater overall liability..

I understand what you're saying. I do own both my vehicles (no notes). I have the titles right here as a matter of fact... Paid cash for this vehicle last year. However, there are other areas of my "financial picture" that need help, and I'd be willing to sacrifice the truck now get back on track. Hence the comment, save up again for a year or two and pay cash then for another new truck, without any other debt weighing me down...

Last edited:

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same for my old tahoe, I had plenty of mods and just included them in the price and people asked why the price was so high, and I told them everything that I had done to it, and majority of the people said "Well I don't need all that extra stuff" so I just ripped everything out, and made it BONE stock and then sold it in 4 days :)

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate to see your truck go...but what ive always done on all my trucks that ive put to much money into is actaully remove what i can or atleast the things that are easy to remove and try selling them. like said your going to get very little for having them on your truck, but u can always add half of wat uve put into it wen trying to sell it...

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your possible lost!

I think that like alot of people here say, I would put everything back to stock and then sell everything else separate. You will probably sell it faster that way because you will have a broader selection of possible buyers. Accessories and extra stuff I don't think that you will have a problem selling them through this forum or the chevrolet one.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Yeah, I'm just playing through a few $$$$$$ scenarios to figure where I'll be in 5, 10, 15 years. Gotta start somewhere, and I don't want to sell the truck, but if it'll enable me to get to my goals sooner, then it's bye bye Denali for now.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Yeah, I'm just playing through a few $$$$$$ scenarios to figure where I'll be in 5, 10, 15 years. Gotta start somewhere, and I don't want to sell the truck, but if it'll enable me to get to my goals sooner, then it's bye bye Denali for now.

ok, cool, if you got 45k for the nali, take 10k of that and get a 2003 or somthing. :cool2:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove all your stuff and dump it, then buy an nbs denali and stack your loot for a new XL when it is more financially feasible. We all go through bullsh*t, 2 years ago I was making $200 a week unemployment and now I'm back in school making 50k driving my denali. Things seem to work out well for good people :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud!

Remove all your stuff and dump it, then buy an nbs denali and stack your loot for a new XL when it is more financially feasible. We all go through bullsh*t, 2 years ago I was making $200 a week unemployment and now I'm back in school making 50k driving my denali. Things seem to work out well for good people :thumbsup:

Agreed! I'm not exactly "suffering" here or anything; it's just that my dreams for my family are bigger than my truck, knowwhutImean? We'll see how this "figuring" pans out for me, for sure! :thumbsup:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do end up selling you will probably fare best with #2 - my two cents

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do end up selling you will probably fare best with #2 - my two cents

if you do decide to unload some american steel and go with #2 like everyone is suggesting then, i said it already and i will say it again, i want your fog kit, if the modification you did wont impede on me installing it on a true 9005 housing. shoot me a fair price.

JUST DONT REPLACE IT WITH A FORD!!!!!!!!!!!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Fords in my future -- for sure! I'll walk before I drive a Ford anything.

You guys have given me food for thought -- Let me digest this for some time, and I'll update everyone on what I decide! Thanks again fellas.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well whatever you end up with. Please stick around as we enjoy your presence :D