Throttle pedal position sensor -P0121

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe 5.3L that I am getting a P0121 code - throttle position sensor A circuit range/performance intermittent.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

ChampagneMurder

Reaction score
Yes, I had the same issue, I replaced the throttle position sensor and the pedal assembly, and it was still throwing the P0121 CEL. Took I to a dealer here in SoCal and they said it needed a new throttle body and a couple hours time to reprogram the ECU. For around $800. I took my truck from them took the throttle body off and have it a through cleaning performed the idle learn procedure and I have not had an issue since. Start off by cleaning the throttle body, it may save you a couple hundred bucks. If you need any additional help, let me know.

ChampagneMurder

Reaction score
Scared the **** out of me when I reassembled the intake and started it the first time, it idled at about 3k rpm!

ChampagneMurder

Reaction score
Oh yeah, it definitely took a little time for it to learn where it should be idling.. But no more CEL's!

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you have never seen it happen before it can make you think you did something causing it to be messed in a different way.

Plimbob

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I did clean the Throttle body and and the MAF. It helped.

Tim