Time for new rubber!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got close to 65k miles on these stock 20" Goodyear LS-2's. I was happy with the overall performance of these but I want something better as far as road noise and ride comfort, any ideas???

Thanks for any viable input.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bridgestone Duelers are good and I'm not sure of Michelin makes a Cross-Terrain in the size, but I've had great luck with those. Very smooth, quiet and worked incredibly well in bad weather.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bridgestone Duelers are good and I'm not sure of Michelin makes a Cross-Terrain in the size, but I've had great luck with those. Very smooth, quiet and worked incredibly well in bad weather.

I didn't mention a tire because I wanted to see an honest suggestion and I was leaning towards the Brridgestones, after all they do come stock on a Denali and Escalade.

What kind of rims are you riding?

I have GM 20" wheels, nothing out of the ordinary, what you got in mind?

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that if they're stock chrome wheels, I'd suggest to stick with the same tires if you say you were satisfied with overall performance. The problem with trying a different brand of tires is you don't know if they'll make your steering wheel shake. GM specifically choose those Goodyear's probably because they drive best on those wheels. My LTZ has 20" chrome wheels as well with Goodyears. If you stick with the same tires, you're saving time and a headache in case others don't work out well.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven a few SUVs around with 20s and larger with different types of wheels. The best results were with the Bridgestones. I have the Goodyears on mine and they suck in every aspect compared to the Duelers.

Norris83

Reaction score
anyone tried Hankook Venturas? I got some installed on my 20" Hoss rims...

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mention a tire because I wanted to see an honest suggestion and I was leaning towards the Brridgestones, after all they do come stock on a Denali and Escalade.

I have GM 20" wheels, nothing out of the ordinary, what you got in mind?

The Bridgestone also came stock on the Tahoe as well.. Mine and my friends Tahoe both with 20"s came with the Bridgestone stock. I'm interested to see how they run out, the Bridgestone have a 700 treadwear rating. That is very high compared to most other brands in that class.

Sounds like you got your moneys worth out of the Goodyears. :thumbsup:

StL07Tahoe

Reaction score
My Tahoe came with the Bridgestones on 20s and have no complaints. They handle very well in all weather conditions and there is little to no road noise.

misonido

Reaction score
I had the Bridgestone's on my recently traded LTZ with 20s, they were excellent my only gripe was the squeal driving/turning over the lines on the street/parking lots. I got 54k miles out of them before replacing with BF Goodrich Long Trail Tours. They were just as quiet and had similar handling at lower PSIs then the Bridgestones. I ran the Bridgestones at 42 PSI, tried that on the BFGs and it rode a little tighter over bumps until I aired down to 38 PSI. I have the Bridgestones on my Escalade and again have them air'd up to 42 PSI to get the handling I want out of the stock 22s. I hope they last as long as the ones on the LTZ did but there is already signs of wear on the front edges.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that if they're stock chrome wheels, I'd suggest to stick with the same tires if you say you were satisfied with overall performance. The problem with trying a different brand of tires is you don't know if they'll make your steering wheel shake. GM specifically choose those Goodyear's probably because they drive best on those wheels. My LTZ has 20" chrome wheels as well with Goodyears. If you stick with the same tires, you're saving time and a headache in case others don't work out well.

They worked well but I want a little less road noise and just a bit more of a plush ride....

The Bridgestone also came stock on the Tahoe as well.. Mine and my friends Tahoe both with 20"s came with the Bridgestone stock. I'm interested to see how they run out, the Bridgestone have a 700 treadwear rating. That is very high compared to most other brands in that class.

Sounds like you got your moneys worth out of the Goodyears. :thumbsup:

Tire rotations every 5k and balance every 10k, I could probably still get 10-15k more out of them, I just don't want to push it.

I had the Bridgestone's on my recently traded LTZ with 20s, they were excellent my only gripe was the squeal driving/turning over the lines on the street/parking lots. I got 54k miles out of them before replacing with BF Goodrich Long Trail Tours. They were just as quiet and had similar handling at lower PSIs then the Bridgestones. I ran the Bridgestones at 42 PSI, tried that on the BFGs and it rode a little tighter over bumps until I aired down to 38 PSI. I have the Bridgestones on my Escalade and again have them air'd up to 42 PSI to get the handling I want out of the stock 22s. I hope they last as long as the ones on the LTZ did but there is already signs of wear on the front edges.

I agree, the Goodyears made tons of noise, and now are even more prone to it, I just want a different setup with tires that won't be heard as much as they are seen.....I was leaning towards Goodyear Fortera line, maybe the TripleTred or the SilentArmor, thing is on TireRack they are a bit apart from each other as far as ratings go. No one here would happen to own any of these tires????Maybe????Anyone?????

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not looking to hijack the thread............but I have a set of Motto MT 100rims that are factory spec to the 20's that come on the Tahoe. What would be the max tire size I can use without any rubbing issues?