Tire Pressure Recommendation Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelerfan n GA

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals-

First time posting here:

I have a 2006 Tahoe Z71 2WD with stock Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
P265/70R17 tires. Door sticker recommends 30 psi in front and rear.

Does anyone have a recomendation for different settings to maximize treadwear and gas mileage?

Nice to be here and I hope to contribute to other discussions in the future!:patriot:

Huck

Reaction score
Should be posted on the tire. I'd go with that.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
the one on the tire would be maxing it out i would put in maybe 34 on those tires

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same stock tires goodyears. I bumped my pressure up to 34 or 35 I might get a little better mileage out of it but I'm not sure.

gundog

Reaction score
Same tire and size here. I have get mine at 35 psi since day one and now have 15,000 miles on them and they show very little if any wear and the ride is fine.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
A fully inflated tire will roll easy, thus saving gas. By the way how do you like you'reSaturn Aura? I was going to recommend it for my wife as we need something safe and comfortable with good gas mileage.

it will roll easy but your wearing em out faster

steelerfan n GA

Reaction score
I think 34-35 is a happy medium between the two extremes. I will go with that and see how it goes. Thanks for the feed back.

Lap Top Gamer - I like my Aura just fine. It is safe and comfy. According to the DIC, I am getting about 26.1 mpg, down from 27.0 now that I have to run the AC more. And I have the XR with the 3.6L. The 4 cylinder and the Hybrid should get even better of course.